Any ex Cambridge dieters now using S&S?

emmie83

I will get into that wedding dress!
Hi all

having previously lost over 6 stone on CD i was wondering if there were any ex cd'ers in here that now have switched to s&s?

I have about 2 days of CD left then am thinking of ordering a week of s&s would you recommend the change?
I like the idea of the actual meals in the evening with the family!

Any advice would be greatly welcomed!

thanks
Emma x

I had previously sampled s&s, did a day and a half on cambridge then realised how much nicer and cheaper s&s is :)

Previously, I did Cambridge and found after a few weeks I was existing on just chocolate tetras, banana shakes and peanut bars. I found this so boring and frustrating but then found slim n save. I think the much larger amount of choice makes it so much easier to stick to the diet, and everything does just taste a LOT better, and I mean a lot!
It does also cost less, but you don't have that hands on support of a CDC, but everyone on here is great so if you don't feel you need that weekly weigh in, then I'd say go for it.

I did Cambridge and it was ok, I managed it, but I really didn't enjoy it. Felt like I was missing out, the shakes, bars and tetras were things I tolerated but that I certainly didn't enjoy. I found myself having the same things pretty much every day and it got boring. Now I'm doing S&S and I absolutely love it. Everything, in my opinion, tastes a lot nicer, there's a lot more variety to keep me interested and the meal packs make it all feel a bit more 'normal'. I do miss the support of a consultant though, knowing there's someone I'm accountable to, who will weigh and measure me etc. I still wouldn't go back though, especially not when S&S is better AND half the price.

I did Lighter Life and after that tried Cambridge - the packs were pretty awful and the trek just to get weighed on the buses in the evening didn't really suit me. Plus - bad experience with two counsellors on CD which left such a bad impression! First lady kept calling my phone even after I told her I prefer e-mail and when she called she was always out somewhere very noisy. The second lady, kept implying that I'm fat only because I didn't know how to eat properly and that I lived on greasy fry-ups (which I hate by the way) - didn't stop to find out I gained weight due to some awful personal issues I was still trying to get over.

Either way, to do Slim&Save you do have to trust yourself more as there's no one to "check" your progress, but I do heavily prefer it. The packs are very tasty!

I did the Cambridge diet a while back and lost almost 4 stone, it was okay and I found it quite easy at the time. However, I tried to redo it after putting on some weight and found it extremely hard for two weeks and very very boring. I then read about S&S here and haven't looked back! It's stopped that horrible cycle of restarting something again and again, something which I did not find sustainable. I now feel much saner having something to chew, and feel like I'm learning a lot of great habits, such as cooking veg in wild and wonderful ways.

Cambridge has got a little too big for its boots in my opinion and they have really hiked up prices recently (was shocked when my CDC charged me £2.30 for a tetra!). The variety isn't great, and other than them having tetras, which are convenient, and the fact that you have someone to weigh you, I think S&S is far superior. I think S&S are introducing tetras soon anyway, so the only reason not to swap is if you really need the support of a CDC and the fear of being weighed!

Back