Any hints and tips for Barceonla

blitz

Silver Member
Im off to Barcelona in May for 3 nights, weve already booked the accomodation and are stay on Las Ramblas.

Has anyone been and can give me some good tips, must sees and yes nice tapas bars.

Im really looking forward to going and by the time we go I will have lost most of my weight if not all. Ill need all new clothes and because Ill be feeling loads more confident there will be loads of photos of ME instead of me hiding as I have been doing these last number of years!

Barcelona....

Hi There....Hola Chica!!!

Just saw your post now, sorry!

I lived in Barcelona for 4 years, fabbbb city, lots to do, see, visit, eat, drink and little time to zzzzzsleeep.!

1. Be VERY careful as it's full of pick-pockets and odd types with scams....they just love the tourists everyday of the year! Barcelona is quite a hippy-happy city.

2. In Placa de Catalunya.....there's a big tourist point/info desk for day trips, sightseeing buses, in the main Corte Ingles store you can pick up a free map of the city, very handy!

3. The sightseeing buses are well worth it, there are 3, red,blue,green, good value for money, about 16€.

4. Nightlife-head towards Marimagnum at end of Las Ramblas.

How long will you be there? If you need anymore info, send me an email.

Hasta Luego!:)

Barcelona is very beautiful. I love walking around the marina full of yachts! Las Ramblas is very pretty (although I don't like the chickens in cages - makes me sad :( ). The gothic quarter is especially lovely, the cathedral, the unfinished church La Sagrada Familia, you can go on the cable car, visit the beach. You can get a bus to the top of Montjuic which has fabulous views of the city. Ooooh, lots to do. Get a good guide book, a comfy pair of shoes and explore! :D

Barcelona is fantastic, I went last October and loved it..

Things u must see:

Gaudi places - Casa Batllo - totally stunning!!!!!!!
Sagrada Familia - go to the top of the tower
Casa Mila
Parc Guell

Other fantastic places to visit -
Barcelona Cathedral (ladies need to cover their shoulders)
Palau de la Musica Catalana - can't take photos inside unfortunately - stunning inside (Gaudi isn't the only architect in Barcelona!)
The temple at Tibidabo
Montjuic

ON my first day there I walked from my hotel in Barri Gotic up to Barcelona Cathedral, Palau de la Musica Catalana, across to Casa Batllo, Casa Mila, Sagrada Familia, Parc de la Ciutadella then down to the port area and along the front to the Columbus Monument, then back up La Rambla, was a damn long walk, but it took in most of the sights in the old parts of barcelona. After that day I took the metro most places, you can buy a ticket for 10 journeys and it gets you all over the city and is valid on the Funiculars and cable cars too, which you need to use to get up to Tibidabo.

A really excellent book to show you all the sights with stunning photos is the Eyewitness Travel guide to Barcelona & Catalonia - check it out in Borders or Waterstones

A really good restaurant in the old town is Can Culleretes on C/Quintana 5 - it is the oldest restaurant in Barcelona - established since 1786 believe it or not, food is dirt cheap! Wine is priced really reasonably - I went there 3 times in the week I was there! Half Bottle of Cava was 5 euros i think.

If you want to see some photos and are on myspace let me know, i wrote a blog on there about Barcelona with all the places to visit and a load of photos I took while I was there, PM me if you like and i'll send u a link.

Pickpockets are always about, I bought a sort of underwear material money belt that I wore under my clothes, kept everything in there and just had my camera round my neck and also used the belt buckle attachments too - I bought a very secure camera case at the airport, it attached in three places as well as round the neck, so it wasn't going anywhere! All i carried was my guidebook.

Have a fantastic time, Barcelona is the dogs wotsits!

Back