any ideas for food i can take on holiday with me?

graciebabes

will hit target this time
so did the attack phase for a few days last week and managed to shift 7lbs woohoo! now have switched back to weight watchers and am sticking to it angelically, and hope to have lost 1 stone all together by the time i go away on 20th august!

thing is, we are going either all inclusive or half board (OH's choice - not mine!) and since i put on a grand total of 9LBS on an all inclusive holiday last year in magaluf, i want to try and at least HAVE A GO at being good!

so was planning on taking a few bits with me. belvita breakfast biscuits keep popping up on here so may have to try those and take some with me so i'm not having a cooked brekkie everyday :p

any other recommendations of snacky things that will easily fit into my suitcase and not weigh too much? am thinking maybe some packs of melba toast with some little sachet things of nutella?

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME :D

don't won't to blow all my weight loss efforts in one week! and i know this way i won't be beating myself up the whole holiday if i do overindulge slightly :)

Don't forget you can always pop into a local store armed with a calculator and see what you can find (if the nutritional info is on the stuff!)

Also things like a box of cereal bars wouldnt be too heavy? Or small bags of crisps from a multipack could fit ok. Or how about those "school bars" fruit things, or fruit flakes?

Most important bit of advice though: enjoy your holiday! Maybe set a number of days to point and a number of days to relax from it or something, I know from experience that there's nothing worse than being in conflict over food choices, I always go for the middle of the road in that situation and it's never what I want!

I went two weeks this summer to Portugal and STS :) I went self catering apartment but have went all inclusive and half board before.

All hotels that have all inclusive have a great range of healthy and naughty food:) skip fried breakfasts, they have loads of fresh fruit, wholemeal bread etc. I'm going away in august again and I'm taking belvita :) as this time it's just a hotel room no cooking facilities! breakfast you can deal with easy. Even if you wanted to treat yourself one morning with a fried breakfast do it as long as your 80-20 good-bad you will do great!

I ate out every lunch and dinner on holiday. I didn't deprive myself but didnt go wild either. For all inclusive dinners they usually have fish dishes, have that with some salad etc

I walked loadsssss with all the heat it definitely helped, ad if your hotel has a pool get up early before the crowds and do a few lengths.

With alcohol limit it to one cocktail a day and stick with clear spirits and diet drinks rest of time, and watch there measurements they are way over the 25ml shot measurement ha.

But most of all enjoy yourself! Dont get too hung up on your diet :) xx

I agree with starkissed, don't bother taking your own food, just take advantage of the healthy stuff on offer, fresh fruit, salads, fresh fish, meat grills etc. You've still got to make the choice to avoid the unhealthy stuff whether you take you own or not, so yo might as well take advantage of the all inclusive, just dont go mad! Remember though, you are on holiday, and the odd treat is definitely allowed :)

defo agree with starkissed too :) there's soooooo much healthy food available you don't need to take anything with you, can understand if you were going to a b&b in blackpool as they'll only have fried breakfasts ... i love all the fresh melon n ham they have at breakfast :) yummy

if you have a pool try swimming a few times a day n do a few lengths fast so you can earn your activity points.

if you're gona get packets of food over there look at the calories n divide them by 40 :D xxx

Ive just come back from a month in Tenerife, so I had to do something to keep some sort of control, so took exante meal replacement sachets with me which i love anyway. They did a great job of keeping my weight down for the first 2 weeks, although I would rather not mention the last 2 weeks! But 5 days after coming home Im back at my goal weight!

Also, just want to say that if you take food with you, you will eat it and it may well be on top of what you would have eaten anyway. It might just be safer to make sensible choices for breakfast and lunch then treat yourself in the evening.

I don't know what to suggest food wise, but I just got back from a holiday in America for three weeks, ate out everyday, but we walked EVERYWHERE! And I only gained 5lbs, so if you can, just walk places everyday and you should be fine :)

graciebabes said:
so did the attack phase for a few days last week and managed to shift 7lbs woohoo! now have switched back to weight watchers and am sticking to it angelically, and hope to have lost 1 stone all together by the time i go away on 20th august!

thing is, we are going either all inclusive or half board (OH's choice - not mine!) and since i put on a grand total of 9LBS on an all inclusive holiday last year in magaluf, i want to try and at least HAVE A GO at being good!

so was planning on taking a few bits with me. belvita breakfast biscuits keep popping up on here so may have to try those and take some with me so i'm not having a cooked brekkie everyday :p

any other recommendations of snacky things that will easily fit into my suitcase and not weigh too much? am thinking maybe some packs of melba toast with some little sachet things of nutella?

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME :D

don't won't to blow all my weight loss efforts in one week! and i know this way i won't be beating myself up the whole holiday if i do overindulge slightly :)

Can I just ask, what is the attack phase?
Thank you!

Can I just ask, what is the attack phase?
Thank you!

its part of a different diet called the dukan diet. basically you eat nothing but pure protein for a set number of days to kickstart your weight loss. there is a forum on here dedicated to it if you'd like more info :)

thanks for all the replies people! think i will take some belvita with me but that's it. gonna try and make sensible choices and do as much exercise as possible (swimming, walking, dancing, etc), and most importantly; don't eat when i'm not hungry ie. bored/etc :D

thanks again!!

xxx

Back