Any Insulin dependent Diabetics doing SW?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Kazzabon, 2 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Kazzabon

Kazzabon Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Been on EE since Saturday and I've been sticking to the regime - however, out shopping this afternoon I had a hypo and had to eat some sweets (about 120gm Haribo). I'm upset about this cos I was doing so well and havent really wanted to eat naughty stuff. So my question is what would be a more syn friendly way of bringing my blood sugars up quickly on the move? If I'm feeling low at home it's easier cos I'll have a sugar or two in a hot drink and a banana.
    Another question is does insulin highs and lows hamper weight loss? I am waiting for my pump so hopefully this will help as I wont need to take my long acting insulin for background control.
    Disappointed of Gascony :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. HPSaucy

HPSaucy Will get there one day!

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.5lb(16.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't know what type of thing brings your blood sugars back up but what about keeping hifi or Alpen light bars in your bag or these not the right thing? X

4. Kazzabon

Kazzabon Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not sure whether there is enough sugar in these - when I'm in hospital they give me a small carton of orange juice but they are a bit bulky for my hand bag!! Still, my own fault - need to test blood more during the day.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.