Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Any Insulin dependent Diabetics doing SW?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Kazzabon, 2 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Kazzabon

Kazzabon Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Been on EE since Saturday and I've been sticking to the regime - however, out shopping this afternoon I had a hypo and had to eat some sweets (about 120gm Haribo). I'm upset about this cos I was doing so well and havent really wanted to eat naughty stuff. So my question is what would be a more syn friendly way of bringing my blood sugars up quickly on the move? If I'm feeling low at home it's easier cos I'll have a sugar or two in a hot drink and a banana.
    Another question is does insulin highs and lows hamper weight loss? I am waiting for my pump so hopefully this will help as I wont need to take my long acting insulin for background control.
    Disappointed of Gascony :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. HPSaucy

HPSaucy Will get there one day!

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.5lb(16.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't know what type of thing brings your blood sugars back up but what about keeping hifi or Alpen light bars in your bag or these not the right thing? X

4. Kazzabon

Kazzabon Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not sure whether there is enough sugar in these - when I'm in hospital they give me a small carton of orange juice but they are a bit bulky for my hand bag!! Still, my own fault - need to test blood more during the day.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.