Any Insulin dependent Diabetics doing SW?

Kazzabon

Been on EE since Saturday and I've been sticking to the regime - however, out shopping this afternoon I had a hypo and had to eat some sweets (about 120gm Haribo). I'm upset about this cos I was doing so well and havent really wanted to eat naughty stuff. So my question is what would be a more syn friendly way of bringing my blood sugars up quickly on the move? If I'm feeling low at home it's easier cos I'll have a sugar or two in a hot drink and a banana.
Another question is does insulin highs and lows hamper weight loss? I am waiting for my pump so hopefully this will help as I wont need to take my long acting insulin for background control.
Disappointed of Gascony :sigh:

Kazzabon said:
Been on EE since Saturday and I've been sticking to the regime - however, out shopping this afternoon I had a hypo and had to eat some sweets (about 120gm Haribo). I'm upset about this cos I was doing so well and havent really wanted to eat naughty stuff. So my question is what would be a more syn friendly way of bringing my blood sugars up quickly on the move? If I'm feeling low at home it's easier cos I'll have a sugar or two in a hot drink and a banana.
Another question is does insulin highs and lows hamper weight loss? I am waiting for my pump so hopefully this will help as I wont need to take my long acting insulin for background control.
Disappointed of Gascony :sigh:

I don't know what type of thing brings your blood sugars back up but what about keeping hifi or Alpen light bars in your bag or these not the right thing? X

Not sure whether there is enough sugar in these - when I'm in hospital they give me a small carton of orange juice but they are a bit bulky for my hand bag!! Still, my own fault - need to test blood more during the day.

Back