Any knitters out there?

Yay, I'm another fellow knitter, I'm working on a 'waistcoat' at the mo, but I wouldn't call it that, it's like a short sleeved cardi, I wanted something to put over dresses when the weather is nice but not so cold to wear long sleeve stuff just when you need something to take the chill off.

Sounds nice!
I am also working on a cardigan at the moment! Actually it's a gift for my mom that I started about a year ago but recently frogged it and restarted! It was a February Lady Sweater, but right now I am doing a heavily modified version, because I didn't like the garter stitch in the previous one, it looked messy...! So now I worked a 2x2 rib at the neck, then worked the raglan in stockinette, did one row of garter stitch just to somehow "divide" the raglan from the lace and I am now working on the lace of the body. I plan to turn it into a real cardigan, with a rib 2x2 buttonband and everything.
I guess the only thing I actually used from the pattern is the lace pattern, but still, I'll upload it on ravelry as a heavily modified version of the original! :)

Yo knitters!

You know what, I should have found this yesterday, I'm making my first ever garment (made a whole lot of toys and accessories now going to make something useful!) and I had to rip back part of it which left me physically shaking with nerves! Thankfully was all to the good, looks spot on now :)

Love the sound of your cardi, tryingtolose, would love to see :)

Bron

I can't modify stuff, I just wouldn't trust myself thinking it will be ok.

I'm registered on ravelry but can't get the hang of it!

Oh, I think you should at least try to modify something! What's the worst thing that can happen? It doesn't work out and you have to rip it! Unless you are doing this on commission, knitting is supposed to be fun, so I would say, experiment! And good luck!!! :)

Yo knitters!

You know what, I should have found this yesterday, I'm making my first ever garment (made a whole lot of toys and accessories now going to make something useful!) and I had to rip back part of it which left me physically shaking with nerves! Thankfully was all to the good, looks spot on now :)

Love the sound of your cardi, tryingtolose, would love to see :)

Bron

I know exactly what you mean about the ripping Bron! It has the same effect on me so usually I just procrastinate and instead of ripping and starting over, I just cast on something else and ignore the mere existence of the thing I was working on!
That's exactly what happened with this cardigan! But I have run out of cables (yes, I ignore WIPs a lot...) so I thought that enough is enough and that I should work on the things already started before I cast something else on.
Besides, like I mentioned to Michelle above, knitting is supposed to be fun, right?! I'd better start taking my own advice then! :)

Liz

PS: When the cardigan is finished I'll try to figure out how to upload a photo here so that you can see! I am maybe 45% there. I would love to see yours too!

I was soooooo tempted to do the same,but then I just kept thinking of how much money and time I'd spent on the yarn. It all worked out ok once I ripped it back but it was all a bit hairy for a while!

On a long train journey today,so I've bought my top,a sock and a little crochet project that was free with a magazine. Possibly overkill,but better to be prepared,right? ;)

TGIF!

Bron

Hi all, I know this threads not been used in a while but I'm a relatively new knitter, I only started during the summer but am working on my first big piece a blanket for a sister in laws baby. Just thought I'd post in case there are still knitters out there :)

Hi Happy, I'll put up a pic later my father in law gave me a debbie bliss book with a lovely leaf design blanket so I'm about a third of the way through, it's such a lovely pass time I'm sorry I didn't pick it up sooner :)

I also new to knitting and am currently trying to get the hang of it properly. I think I'm doing quite well and have a loom on which I'm trying to make socks!! :eek: I would also like to buy myself circular looms so I can make woolly hats etc

Hi I'm a knitter, I've just got back into it after having a couple of years off due to carpal tunnel syndrome. I've got three things on the go 1, is a Lacey jumper that I started before my hand trouble and this week I've started a baby jumper and a pom-pom scarf. It feels great to start knitting and sewing again.

I've only start to use this site, so I'm finding my way around, but when I have finished the scarf I will put a picture on here. I'm also knitting baby jumpers as my nephew and his girlfriend are expecting their first child.

Back