Any lamb mince recipes????

RebeccaOM

I have some lamb mince in the fridge which I want to use tomorrow but would like some quick and easy suggestions for it on an EE day. Can anyone help?!?

Sounds weird but... mix lamb mince with 1 chopped onion , egg and a small tin of drained anchovies, chopped. ( wash the oil off in hot water ). Make into burger shapes and dry fry. In the meantime bake your own potato wedges ( these will have be started a lot earlier) > Serve the cooked surf and turf burgers with salad - peppers, lettuce, tomatoes , cucumber and mix a tub of 0% fat greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of mint sauce and the wedges. Dollop some of the minty yoghurt on the pate with the burgers , etc . Cut a piece of the burger , dip in the sauce , add some salad and a bite of potato . Eat in syn free heaven !

It makes a lovely lamb hotpot!

Fry mince off and drain well ( i also pour hot water over it to 'wash' the excess fat off)
Fry off onions and carrots
In a casserole dish - layer the bottom with slices of potato, season with S&P and thyme(or rosemary) add the lamb mince, onions and carrots and any other veg you fancy, season again with the above and add a top layer of potato slices.
Add lamb stock mixed with gravy granules( to thicken) and pour into the mixture below potatoes making sure it doesnt come over the top of them and put in oven for about 1.5 hrs.......lovely comfort food!

Back