Any Men on LT

I'm sure there's plenty, what day are you on? How are you finding it?
There seems to be loads of men on weMITTS.

Daisy.

Starting in a weeks time I will start a thread shortly on my story

this is day 1 for me, its not been too bad so far. Drunk more water then i thought i would. how about you?

I can't believe how much water I've been drinking! They say the more you drink the more you lose-fingers crossed- about to have the chicken "soup" reaaaally scared as I've heard such bad things about it!!

had about 6/7 pints so far.. now i'm on peppermint tea! good luck with the soup

good luck all and yes there are guys on here and cd site :D

Hi all. I am one of the few blokes. I have been on lipotrim last year and went from 18 stone to 14, but put the weight back on when I came off it and back on the chips and chocolates. :cry::cry:

Then I went back on the diet in June and went down to about 13.5 stone.:) This time I managed to keep it off thanks to calorie counting and sugar free jelly. Only 8 cals per tub. Woo Woo.

I have decided to go back on for a third time to lose the last 2 stone and get to 11.5 stone. The good news for blokes is that the weight just falls off. I usually lose a stone the first week and then half a stone per week after that.

As everyone on here says, the fist 4 days are the worst as far as hunger goes. Get over them and it is plain sailing. Just keep drinking the water and do not cheat at all and the time will soon go.

I think I will have 5 or 6 weeks as I would like to get half a stone below my target weight as I do tend to put on about 5 or 6 pounds when I go back on food.

On day 4 now so hopefully I can stick it out.

Best wishes for all here. Logging on here is the best way to help keep on the straight and narrow and it has really helped me in the past.

Gray

hi guys,
thanks for replying.

Hey Gray its good to hear the success stories and similar weight too so def gives me a boost. Just got to stick with it now

We've had a few guys on this forum. They all lost their weight really quickly and didn't bother coming back:cry:bloody typical men! LOL

As mentioned there are a few on this forum and lots on the Cambridge Diet Forum.

Good luck everyone.

Yo Dunc. It really is the best diet in the world if you can stick to it. Everyone in work said that there was no way I could lose weight. I was the biggest on my shift. The thing is though when you start to see the scales move so fast it is the best incentive you can have to keep going.

As I said, the first time I did put all the weight back on again, but it was not the fault of the diet, just me thinking that I could go back to eating the same way that I had previously.

This last time though I did not put any weight back on for 5 months (including Christmas):)
and if I can do it than anyone can.

It shows how good it must be to set my target at 11.5 stone. It really is just a matter of sticking to it. After the first few days you get an energy burst and I felt more energetic than I had for years.

About 4 blokes at my works went on lipotrim after seeing it worked on me. 3 of them kept cheating, going on it for a few days, or eating at the weekends, and they said it was a waste of money - which it is if you don't do it right.
The other one who did not eat anything lost about 3 stone before coming off it after 6 or 7 weeks

There is no way you can fail to lose loads of weight if you have the willpower. If I had to diet by cutting back and eating healthily I could not keep it up as it my goal would have seemed sooooo far in the future that I would think it impossible.

Just look at the before and after photos of people on here and see the difference.

This is really the best site for motivation, and when you see the weight loss you will find it easier and easier to keep going.

All the best

Gray

Hi Duncan. nice to have you here - I expect there be a lot of newcomers this month and I'll have my fingers crossed for some men for you (that sounds wholly inappropriate!) :eek: Us girls aren't that scary though... ;)

i have to say it's really nice to see everyone being soooooooooooooo supportive!:D

Very unlike real life! When i started investigating LT and looking at the boards i didn't think i would use them, but one day in and i'm glad i signed up here because you get to here success stories, falls off the wagon, hauling yourself back on the wagon and just the general stresses that occur through dieting!

I think its brill!!

and no the women aren't too scary! well not all the time;) hehe

I think the support here is sooo important considering everyone not doing LT or who has never done it is sooo negitiave about it. My housemate today went on at me about how dangerous it is, i tryed to explain about it but she said i'll be taking it back when i'm really sick etc- so its so nice coming here and seeing real support!
Rant over- see we women can be an ickle scary haha!

You get on your soapbox!!!!

However limited time available.... hehe

I think the internet media has made everyone a fitness expert, we question doctors and pharmacists regarding information all the time and the majority of people assume they are right after having studied gcse biology compared to medical degrees!

I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning professional opinions as sometimes they can be very very wrong but i think that the general population and their ego's should be more supportive of people who have decided to follow a medically supervised programme!

You don't see people questioning doctors when people are on on intravenous feeds and they get all their nutrients from a liquid diet! (come to think of it looks just like a very thick lipotrim!)

I think the support here is sooo important considering everyone not doing LT or who has never done it is sooo negitiave about it. My housemate today went on at me about how dangerous it is, i tryed to explain about it but she said i'll be taking it back when i'm really sick etc- so its so nice coming here and seeing real support!
Rant over- see we women can be an ickle scary haha!

I am with you, so worried about the negative feedback from people that only my partner and a couple of friends are aware what I am doing.....god forbid mother finds out she would have me sectioned, as she states "it's not healthy to loose anymore that 3-4lbs in a week", yeah whatever tell that to people who only have to lose a stone not 6. I will be in a bikini this summer!!!:)

Oh my mam flipped when I first brought up LT!! Not a hope I'll tell her, maybe when I've lost weight. The real kick was looking at her hol pictures and realising that my 55year old mother looks far better than her 20year old daughter would in a bikini!! That was MOTIVATION!!

xxx

Back