Any nurses or Drs or asthma suffers?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Principessa N, 15 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Diet:
    Anything
    Well my drs has a stupid system where they don't book appointments more then a week an advance and its now almost impossible to get an appointment. They told me my asthma was back, gave me an inhaler but never actually gave me any advice,
    Well my inhaler has run out and my chest is tight and i'm wheezy.

Just wondering if anyone knows any tricks to ease the tightness?
    Icelollies were helping but i've eaten so many i now have tummy ache.

Any ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. Principessa N

Diet:
    Anything
    That was my first thought, my second is that i don't have a phone :( and steve is away tonight.

5. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    run a hot bath and see if the steam help, but if it persists i would find a phone and call nhs 24 or head to your nearest a+e dept

6. pocketdragonslizzie

pocketdragonslizzie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sod a+e! Get an ambulance out if it's really tight, they have nebulisers as standard kit and you wouldn't be sitting around waiting to be triaged and if you were treated at home and had sufficient relief they could discharge you without having to take you in, if you're no better you've got professional help all the way, they'd much rather deal with genuine patients than drunk teenagers believe me!
    My husband is on the ambulances and said this is exactly what my brother should have done instead of having to travel 12 miles to the out of hours service.

7. Principessa N

Diet:
    Anything
    Hey ladies, thanks for the advice. I'm still breathing (just) called the doctors first thing to be told i couldn't have an emergency appointment although i could have one for next monday, wow thats helpful. But i can go pick up a new prescription after 5pm. So i have a day of not moving to much or too fast, and trying to get excited.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.