Any one else obsessed??

rosierose15

Silver Member
Hey, we had a team building activity at work today where u had to move round different tables talking to different people. The table I was on were always talking about slimming world because I bring it up. I think I may be a bit obsessed. People were even jokingly shooting themselves in their head with their fingers when I was talking about it. It's bad isn't it? But I can't stop I want to be a consultant might aswell get paid for it lol

I actually worry about this all the time, that I've become REALLY boring since starting SW. It's my first thought in the morning and last at night. I love talking about food and the gym and occasionally struggle to think of other things to talk about. I clearly need to stop that.
I think it's happened to us because we're so focussed on it, it's a complete lifestyle change so naturally it's a novelty...hopefully we become used to it and less obsessive soon!

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I check mini mins :-( people actually roll their eyes when I talk about it now and some people feel nervous eating around me Incase I comment lol. My boyfriend was so sick of it until he decided he could lose a little bit of weight. Ate what I ate for 5 days and lost 3 pounds!! He's not rolling his eyes no more!!

Have u ever thought of becoming a consultant.

P.s I'm so obsessed I'm sitting in the bath on minimums

I'm obsessed, talk about it all the time. Same as you I really worry that I bore people with it sometimes. I love it though. Really excited as my sister joined today so I can hassle her by talking about it instead haha. Although not too sure she's as interested as I am, but ahh well.

I had thought about it Rosie and had actually mentioned it to my stepdad the other week but I realised I'd need to be an actual SW member to do it and I'm not-I go it alone. I check minis when I wake up ...middle of the night or morning. I actually check it before facebook now lol!

As for commenting on eating, I'm bad with my family...I think I know I wouldn't get away with it with anyone else but when my sister or stepdad are gorging on absolute crap I always chip in with that's x number of syns. I am more than aware it's annoying but part of me is trying to help and the other part of me is disgusted. Which is very much a case of the pot calling the kettle as I can eat with the best of them when I've had a few drinks!

That's fab your sister has joined, Donna! I think I'd die without the 20's thread on here...only one of my friends is losing weight at the moment and she's doing a VLCD so can't relate and obv doesn't enjoy talking about food as she's not eating any.

Ladies, we actually sound like women possessed...we need help haha!

I don't comment when other people are eating unless they say something to make me comment, either just asking me about it or if they say its not too bad when it is (then I can't help myself haha)

I'm glad she's joined just hope she sticks at it, just so we can talk about it.

I should probably mouch in on the 20's thread... I always feel a bit funny joining in on established threads though... if that makes sense lol

Yeah I like writing on threads with just a few posts lol. I go to slimming world on my own I got lots of friends there but I'd love one of my friends to come but oh well. I always say do u know theres x syns in that. Was shocked today to see a friend having ten syns in just tomato sauce alone I just want so much to teach them!!

I should probably mouch in on the 20's thread... I always feel a bit funny joining in on established threads though... if that makes sense lol

I'm the same, that's why I don't really do the 9's to 8's thread even though the lovely Kim and Debtin keep coming to find me haha!

Omg tomato sauce is sooo sad :( I miss it so much but it's such a waste of syns. I used to cover twix's with tomato sauce (gross I know) and my fave snack used to be a bowl of Bigga peas with tomato sauce and vinegar! Gone are those days :(

Omg twix and tomato sauce you Are a wrongen!! Lol

I think u should deffo consider becoming a consultant it sounds awesome. The slimmer of the year ball sounds wicked and u have to message and text your members all the time. More talking about slimming world yehhhh x

Oh my gosh yesss, it's so bad but I'm sure I'm obsessed with slimming world too! The whole way of thinking just gets in your head and absorbs you doesn't it?! I'm always thinking about food and syns and weight loss, haha so bad!

I went to the meeting. Loved it. Got the loan approved. Work approve of me having days off for training. Got the interview on Saturday just need a yes from them and I'll be on my way. Have a group up and running in jan if all goes well

That's fantastic Rosie and January would be a brill time to start a group due to resolution's etc! I'm sure the fact you're so motivated will encourage new year dieters to see it through :) Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Definitely Hannah. I finish breakfast and think about what I'll have for lunch and the same when I finish lunch with dinner. I swear being fat was easier, there was no thought required.

Today I had my slimming world soup all ready. The boss sprung a surprise on us and Said she's treating us all to a pub lunch and I nearly had a panic attack. Why don't people understand?! Lol

I ordered the gammon egg and chips and swore not to eat the chips but.....I ate the chips and the grease made my mouth taste horid all afternoon and my stomach felt greasy it was a horrible feeling!! Wish I didn't do it. I made myself go to Zumba for an hour tonight but I'm still prepared for a gain this Thursday.

It's awful that its taken over our lives, people feel sorry for me but they shouldn't I love it! It makes me feel great and it's a hobby in my eyes

I hate unexpected meals out or places with nothing slimming world friendly. I like to be able to plan and if suddenly I'm told I'm eating out it freaks me out, people think that's weird which maybe it is, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of planning.

I'm Gunna invent a slimming world restaurant chain I think! And have the syn values written on it and have a syn free section for those of us who blow all our syns and have none left. If restaurants just used fry light it would be so much easier for us!

Jenna88 said:
I'm the same, that's why I don't really do the 9's to 8's thread even though the lovely Kim and Debtin keep coming to find me haha!

Omg tomato sauce is sooo sad :( I miss it so much but it's such a waste of syns. I used to cover twix's with tomato sauce (gross I know) and my fave snack used to be a bowl of Bigga peas with tomato sauce and vinegar! Gone are those days :(

Haha found you on here as well lol!!! Its coz we're trying to poach you back to our gang! I could join the 20's group but I'm a few years out of date lol! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Back