Any one taken antibiotics while being on CD?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by supermummy, 14 April 2009 Social URL.

1. supermummy

supermummy Full Member

Just came back from the docs and hes put me on antibiotics for a month to treat my acne. I did ask him whether it was ok to take them as i am on a diet and he said it was fine. I didnt mention CD. Has anyone taken antibiotics while doin CD?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

Sorry I don't know but two weeks into CD and my skins looking alot better-think its the lack of chocolate and drinking lots of water, maybe you could see if the diet helps without the antibiotics?

4. supermummy

supermummy Full Member

Thanx Angela....My concern is that Iv got a wedding in 6 wks time and i really wanna loose as much as possible by then, hence cant stop CD.Plus also want clear skin and antibiotics take atleast a month to show any improvements. Im gonna have to take both and just hope its safe to do so. Fingers crossed. x

5. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, Im not sure about this one.
    But I need to take some too Im sure as I have a gum infection. I am sure it will be fine!!!

6. sohnii_kuri

sohnii_kuri Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey,

I am on antibiotics for 3 months for my acne and i am on cd as well! it hasnt made a difference at all. Besides my cdc said it didnt make adifference if you were on antibiotics as most antibiotics have to be taken before food or on an empty stomach.

i asked my doctor as well and he said he you dont see side effects then you are fine....lol....

hope this helps

suki

7. supermummy

supermummy Full Member

Hey Suki, If u dont mind me askin what antibiotics are you on for ur acne and have they made a difference?? Ive been given erythromycin. Was on Dianette for a long time and had perfect skin but then for the past yr have had really bad depression so came off as it is one of the side effects. I feel so much better now but my acne has come back.
    x

8. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    I've been told that ANY kind of drug will have twice the power/effect on someone on a VLCD. Can anyone corroborate this? (Possibly nurse or medic might know?)

9. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    You can take antibiotics on SS but you need to check whether your antibiotics need to be taken with food ( if so, take with the last drop of your shake / soup/ tetra/ porridge ) or if they are not to be taken with milk , take at least 1 hour before any CD product .

More info here (I swiped what I wrote above from this post :D :D).
    http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/84959-i-have-dilema.html#post1448734

But speaking as a former nurse, no, it's not true that drugs have twice the power/effect on someone who's following a VLCD. You just need to think about the effects of taking medication on an empty stomach, etc.

Hope this helps.

10. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Thank you Lily - I did wonder! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.