Any one taken antibiotics while being on CD?

supermummy

Just came back from the docs and hes put me on antibiotics for a month to treat my acne. I did ask him whether it was ok to take them as i am on a diet and he said it was fine. I didnt mention CD. Has anyone taken antibiotics while doin CD?

Sorry I don't know but two weeks into CD and my skins looking alot better-think its the lack of chocolate and drinking lots of water, maybe you could see if the diet helps without the antibiotics?

Thanx Angela....My concern is that Iv got a wedding in 6 wks time and i really wanna loose as much as possible by then, hence cant stop CD.Plus also want clear skin and antibiotics take atleast a month to show any improvements. Im gonna have to take both and just hope its safe to do so. Fingers crossed. x

Hey,

I am on antibiotics for 3 months for my acne and i am on cd as well! it hasnt made a difference at all. Besides my cdc said it didnt make adifference if you were on antibiotics as most antibiotics have to be taken before food or on an empty stomach.

i asked my doctor as well and he said he you dont see side effects then you are fine....lol....

hope this helps

suki

Hey,

I am on antibiotics for 3 months for my acne and i am on cd as well! it hasnt made a difference at all. Besides my cdc said it didnt make adifference if you were on antibiotics as most antibiotics have to be taken before food or on an empty stomach.

i asked my doctor as well and he said he you dont see side effects then you are fine....lol....

hope this helps

suki

Hey Suki, If u dont mind me askin what antibiotics are you on for ur acne and have they made a difference?? Ive been given erythromycin. Was on Dianette for a long time and had perfect skin but then for the past yr have had really bad depression so came off as it is one of the side effects. I feel so much better now but my acne has come back.
x

I've been told that ANY kind of drug will have twice the power/effect on someone on a VLCD. Can anyone corroborate this? (Possibly nurse or medic might know?)

You can take antibiotics on SS but you need to check whether your antibiotics need to be taken with food ( if so, take with the last drop of your shake / soup/ tetra/ porridge ) or if they are not to be taken with milk , take at least 1 hour before any CD product .

More info here (I swiped what I wrote above from this post :D :D).
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/84959-i-have-dilema.html#post1448734

But speaking as a former nurse, no, it's not true that drugs have twice the power/effect on someone who's following a VLCD. You just need to think about the effects of taking medication on an empty stomach, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Lily - I did wonder! :)

Back