Any other vegetarians?! :)

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet - Diaries' started by beelishy, 7 April 2014 Social URL.

1. beelishy

beelishy ......gettin' it done.

Start Weight:
    252lb
    Current Weight:
    252lb
    Goal Weight:
    210lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hiya

Ive been doing S&S and Exante for several months and am now thinking of switching over to Atkins. Im bored and I just miss food :p

So my question.....are there any other vegetarians? Im not a massive fan of Quorn but the chicken pieces I do quite like and the mince is tolerable.

I plan to have a bit of quorn (mostly the chicken pieces) and some eggs as my protein sources...any other advice or tips/suggestions would be fab.

Not sure yet If Im going to ask for my current diary to be moved over or just make a new one...

Im very excited to get started! I have about lbs left to lose and I just want rid!! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. athenagold

athenagold Carbs are Evil

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.23%)
    Diet:
    New Atkins
    I haven't read through that particular part, but there is a whole section for vegetarians in the atkins book, do you have it?

4. beelishy

Start Weight:
    252lb
    Current Weight:
    252lb
    Goal Weight:
    210lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    No! LOL. That was actually a question I asked on another thread....which book should I be getting. Some people seem to think the older versions are better? I really dont know where to start, tbh. lol x

5. athenagold

athenagold Carbs are Evil

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.23%)
    Diet:
    New Atkins
    I have the new Atkins one, haven't read the older ones

6. beelishy

Start Weight:
    252lb
    Current Weight:
    252lb
    Goal Weight:
    210lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks! :)

7. coffeelover

coffeelover Gold Member

Start Weight:
    155lb
    Current Weight:
    136lb
    Goal Weight:
    131lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.26%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    Yes the book has a section for vegetarians. Think you can have lentils too if I remember correctly. :)

8. superslim1972

superslim1972 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.63%)
    Hi bee,
    At the moment I'm doing celebrity slim but like you say theres not a lot of choice for us vegetarians is there a list of allowed foods anywhere?

9. coffeelover

coffeelover Gold Member

Start Weight:
    155lb
    Current Weight:
    136lb
    Goal Weight:
    131lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.26%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    The new book has info for following the plan as a vegetarian but don't think the old book does.

10. serialslimmer

serialslimmer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.5%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE/LOW CARB
    The older Atkins books are better for meat eaters; the newer ones for vegetarians. I think Atkins is very difficult for the strict vegan but for vegetarians (like me!) who eat eggs and cheese it's great. I like quorn but cannot stand tofu. It's nice when heavily disguised in commercial burgers. Otherwise, yuk!

Quorn does have some carbs, though, as do most meat substitutes so label-checking is especially important. Low carb is the ONLY way that works for me in the longer term. No matter how far I stray from the straight and narrow path, I know low carb is patiently waiting for me to come back! Good luck x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.