Any runners out there?

Thin in 2012 :)

Hi

I've been 'dabbling' with running for 3 or 4 years now, starting with Race for Life and Parkrun and even running 2 half marathons in 2010. Last year I ran a couple of 10k's and The Great South Run.

After a break for my Accountancy exams in December I'm trying to get running fit again (it's taking a while!!).

Any other runners out there??

xx

I run :) and do accountancy how strange

I do most of my work at the gym on the treadmill and did my first 10k last September. I was going to say, therefore that I'm a trainee running but after seeing your definition of 'dabbling' I'm not so sure. Hahahaha.

I run :) Longest so far is a half marathon, but doing my first marathon in Edinburgh in May eek!
I haven't ran since Sunday as I havent been feeling 100%, but this weekend, back on it! x

I do most of my work at the gym on the treadmill and did my first 10k last September. I was going to say, therefore that I'm a trainee running but after seeing your definition of 'dabbling' I'm not so sure. Hahahaha.

Ha, ha! I guess I think I dabble because I'm just so inconsistent, I'll run a half marathon then not go again for a couple of months and have to start again from scratch (which I find HARD!!)

:)

I'm trying to be a runner. Have completed a couple of 10ks and am now training for the Silverstone Half in March, Stratford Half in April and Torbay Half in June. I'm hoping to complete a marathon before I turn 30. If you're interested I write a blog about my running and a little bit about weight loss and slimming world. It's here if you fancy a read: Tegan Running

I run :) and do accountancy how strange

I run and do accountancy too! :)

Well actually I am in the same senario as op, ran a few 10k's now trying to get into it again!!!

I'm trying to be a runner. Have completed a couple of 10ks and am now training for the Silverstone Half in March, Stratford Half in April and Torbay Half in June. I'm hoping to complete a marathon before I turn 30. If you're interested I write a blog about my running and a little bit about weight loss and slimming world. It's here if you fancy a read: Tegan Running

Great blog .. thanks for sharing :)

I'd love to run. I'm at the gym and I'm doing 1 min running and 1 min walking and can do about 20 mins. Hoping to increase to 2 mins running next week. I have so much admiration for anyone that can run. Keep it up.

Hello ladies,

I have rather foolishly signed up to do the great south east run in Oct.
I have never run in my life, always been to big and top heavy. But having lost just over 4 stone in the last year thought I would give it a go.
Well have run on the treadmill this week for 2x 1 mile and out side in the cold for 1.75 miles.
Next week I will try to run 1.5 miles every other day, then slowly build up half miles until I can run 10.

Would like any tips for doing this.

Hi

I think I probably 'dabble' as well! :)

Did a couple of 10k's in Leeds last year and started doing Parkrun's too but no consistancy.

Just camcelled my gym membership (have a free one at work) but mainly to make me get back outside and run more frequently. Got another 10k in March and just about to sign up for leeds half in May.

Little bit scared about that one though - and keep putting off signing up - eek!

I'm doing the Olympic Park run at the end of March, which is 5 miles, so just started the Couch 2 10K. I did a couple of 10k's a few years back but haven't done much since due to a very annoying recurring back injury.

I'm hoping once I've done the 5m run it'll inspire me to do a few more 10k's this year... and then maybe even a half-marathon next year!

I would love to get to the point where I could go out & just run constantly for an hour, but some days I wonder if that'll ever be me! :)

I'm training for Race for Life at the start of May which will be my first 10k. Can now run 8k so should be ready by then. I really seem to have caught the running bug and would love to do a half marathon next year.

Hi

I think I probably 'dabble' as well! :)

Did a couple of 10k's in Leeds last year and started doing Parkrun's too but no consistancy.

Just camcelled my gym membership (have a free one at work) but mainly to make me get back outside and run more frequently. Got another 10k in March and just about to sign up for leeds half in May.

Little bit scared about that one though - and keep putting off signing up - eek!

I did the Leeds Half last year and swore to myself I'd never do it again!! Make sure you train on hills - there's a killer one you run up in Meanwood and it nearly did for me!!

I've done the Abbey Dash a couple of times and keep wondering about doing the Jane Tomlinson one. I also quite fancy doing the parkruns as well, but they are EARLY on a Saturday and it's a long way from me.... ;)

I'd love to run. I'm at the gym and I'm doing 1 min running and 1 min walking and can do about 20 mins. Hoping to increase to 2 mins running next week. I have so much admiration for anyone that can run. Keep it up.

Hey Hun,

This is exactly how I started running and I'm now training for my first Half Marathon which is in 7 weeks.

Mixing running and walking is a great way to get into running and to keep it enjoyable!

Best of luck when you start upping the times.

xxx

I'm doing the Olympic Park run at the end of March, which is 5 miles, so just started the Couch 2 10K. I did a couple of 10k's a few years back but haven't done much since due to a very annoying recurring back injury.

I'm hoping once I've done the 5m run it'll inspire me to do a few more 10k's this year... and then maybe even a half-marathon next year!

I would love to get to the point where I could go out & just run constantly for an hour, but some days I wonder if that'll ever be me! :)

Lucky you! I entered the ballot but wasn't picked. Bet it'll be amazing to cross that finish line!

Back