any suggestions

poppy100

Silver Member
have just seen a physiotherapist following a car accident in january - nothing is quick when dealing with insurance people. i have been advised not to continue with my excerise programme of swimming for an hour three times a week. i am not to do breast stroke but can do backstroke. i cant do that for long as i have to keep stopping to see if anyone is in my way. it is the only real excercise i can do due to having arthritis in my knees and toes. i cant do an hour of backstroke. can barely do ten minutes. feeling miserable as i am sure the real reason for my weight loss with my cheating has been my excercise. sorry for moaning. i know lots of folk worse off than me.

That's not good, Poppy but try not to let it get you down. To be honest it seems slightly odd advice, most physios will recommend swimming of any kind, not only for weight loss but for injury recovery too. I'm sure she knows what she's talking about though. Could you hold the bar, lie on your back and kick your legs in between bouts of backstroke? Might be better than nothing. Hope it goes ok,

KB x

thats an idea. might try that. its just i enjoyed my hour of swimming. the reason physio said no to breaststroke is it extends the neck muscles - or flexes it i cant quite remember. he certainly nearly had a fit when i said i did for an hour at a time! otherwise you are right swimming is really good. going away for a few nights so wont be able to swim but will try to get back into some form of excercise.

An hour wow:) that's good . I can only do half an hour. I have arthritis in my knees hips and neck. I've discovered that the more weight I lose the more mobile I become .

I recently discovered that for every pound in weight you lose you take 4 lb of pressure of your knees.
So my 5 stone loss equates to 20 stone of pressure of my knees. :) and to be honest I can tell.

Just a thought though, has your consultant not mentioned that citric acid isn't good for arthritis - eg wine tomatoes etc. I know you said you drink wine at the weekends it will aggravate it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Very interested to read about the amount of pressure taken off knees with weight loss, I'm 39 but sometimes my one knee would get a little sore with walking and that seems to be getting better now

My ankles & knees used to hurt all the time & 4 stone lighter I rarely get problems, occasionally after a high impact Zumba class I suffer but nothing really

My ankles & knees used to hurt all the time & 4 stone lighter I rarely get problems, occasionally after a high impact Zumba class I suffer but nothing really
That's really good to know, hopefully mine will carry on getting better with my losses too x

Back