ANY SUNDAY STARTERS TODAY?

Shangri-la

Just started back on slim and save today. I won't bore you all with my dieting history since 2008 but suffice to say that I have eaten myself back up to 12st7lbs!!. The lowest i have been is 10st6lbs but i really want to get to 9 and half stone as diabetes is constantly hovering over me. I had it in four pregnancies with insulin and last baby was born four years ago but I have just had a fasting blood sugar back at 6.4 so a bit high.

I really do not need lifelong diabetes so doing this to start me off with healthy eating. Ive been on slim and save before and lost two stone and also lipotrim, cambridge, exante , weightwatchers etc etc lol.

Just started my Nursing degree in September and have stuffed myself silly and put on 1 and a half stone since then!!. I am also aware that I have binge eating disorder whereby I seem to eat healthy for two or three months and then go on a full on binge coming into winter time. I notice this pattern every year. I am always really overweight come xmas and then start to lose it for spring and summer. I would really love to break this cycle but it doesnt seem possible.

Anyway,best of luck to you all. Hope all is going well.x

Hello I've started today too! I am the same, I will eat well for a few weeks then binge and eat every bad thing you can think of and pile all the weight back on. I'm sick of this cycle and really need to break it! How are you getting on so far? I've done Cambridge before and I'm very pleasantly surprised at how lovely the products are compared to CD!

Hi

I started today - so far so good but I'm having to distract myself from the fridge.... 3.5 stone to lose
Hope you had a good day - looking forward to getting through to ketosis and lack of hunger!

Hey,

I started today as well. Been fine so far, just not managed as much water as I should. Good luck on your journey x

Hey, ladies, Thanks so much for your replies. splitting headache atm. Had a small piece of chicken with broccolli today and my three packs ie 2 choc shakes and lemon bar. I also bought a skinny latte at the train station. Hope this is ok. 12hour shift ahead of me for the next four days. Please god, let me keep strong lol.

Hope you are all ok. We can do it. Onwards and downwards (the weight). roll on day 2.x

Looks like I've found the perfect thread :) I'm in my third year of studying nursing :) final see the light at the end of the tunnel can not wait to be a qualified mental health nurse :D also I suffer from binge eating disorder to which I have been referred for cbt (therapy) but still waiting to hear back! I'm all or nothing! Due to this I've put on a lot lot weight and feel so disgusting it's horrible... Want to loose the weight so that when I finally qualify I can have a complete fresh start and crack at life. I'm 22 years old and have a lovely boyfriend who I am going to hopefully get a house with so if I can loose weight will be the cherry on top and hopefully I'll be able go stop obsessing and be able to enjoy all those fab things :s x

Looks like I've found the perfect thread :) I'm in my third year of studying nursing :) final see the light at the end of the tunnel can not wait to be a qualified mental health nurse :D also I suffer from binge eating disorder to which I have been referred for cbt (therapy) but still waiting to hear back! I'm all or nothing! Due to this I've put on a lot lot weight and feel so disgusting it's horrible... Want to loose the weight so that when I finally qualify I can have a complete fresh start and crack at life. I'm 22 years old and have a lovely boyfriend who I am going to hopefully get a house with so if I can loose weight will be the cherry on top and hopefully I'll be able go stop obsessing and be able to enjoy all those fab things :s x

AAhh, lovely to hear from a fellow colleague. How are you coping on placement on this diet??. I was so busy today but after 12 hour shift, find it really hard not to go home and binge!!. I feel so hungry.
Well done on getting the CBT but for me , i feel as though ive tried everything ie went to clinical psychologist but she didnt really say anything that i didnt know so it was not for me. I will try to do slim and save for a while and take each day as it comes.

However, the nursing course is a different story. It is sooooooooooooo hard. Does the training get any easier at all?. I am 36 with four kids who I only see at weekends or when im off on placement as THe uni is seven hours away by bus and train. Hubby is holding it all together at home and he then gets a cranky, binge eating maniac at the weekends, lol. If we don't divorce during this course, we are definetely together for life!!. Keep in touch, hun and best of luck too on slim and save.x

In all honesty YES it does! Third year now had a fab placement before christmas where I had my own patient and it relighted my enthusiasm I now love it again! 2nd year is the worst!!! What year are you lovely? I just started a Uni term today so I have 6 weeks in Uni then 8 week placement a couple days of Uni then 15 weeks placement then qualify! Deit in Uni today was surprisingly easy thought I'd get comments but didn't hide it, told people I was doing 'diet shakes' and they were like ok! On placement it really depends tbh on what it is! If I'm on an acute ward I often won't have time for break tbh if I'm in a nice community team where we all sit down together then you have to just be honest I guess... So much harder! 12 hr shift if you can I have one as I was walking in the door something on your break and have something ready for when your finished and then keep a bar handy to have a sneaky nibble on when desperate also keep a big bottle of water and constantly sip on it! But yes the course is really hard I'm dyslexic as well reaaaaally struggle with the essay side of it but the placements o get good reports thank god! Today was the first day I've enjoyed Uni hahaha although can't wait for placement haha! X

Sorry for the essay... I'm good at this type of essay :p just thought I'd add god knows how my bf is still with me but on like 7 stone and when I get stressed I'm a cow! X

Sorry for the essay... I'm good at this type of essay :p just thought I'd add god knows how my bf is still with me but on like 7 stone and when I get stressed I'm a cow! X

God you sound so like me,lol. I hate the assignments too. I am only on my first placement in first year and it was the one placment that i really did not want to do. PCOP, primary care older people on a 20bedded ward. I really am enjoying it but will be really happy to go back to uni as 12 hours is just so bloody long. Some of the other students have been on all nights on the first placement and some are working 13 hour shifts so Im really not that bad considering. We already had 11 weeks in uni in first semester and now back to uni on 28 jan, thank god. I really want my community placement though, cant wait for that in the Summer.

Huge congrats on getting to third year as I have never experienced anything so difficult in my life including giving birth to four kids!!! . I really admire you that you have stuck it out as there is a huge dropout rate on nursing degrees.

Keep in touch and best of luck.x

Yer our long days are 14.5hrs they are a killer! Ahhh trust me I admire anybody that can do it with kids seriously some of the folk in my year have had sooo much on popping out babies and still giving in assignments that are higher grade than mine it's crazy! Funnily enough my first placement was elderly nursing home..... So glad it was my first and shortest placement ha as I new I didnt want to do how every strangely I've done a few elderly placements now (we don't chose :() and I act loved my acute elderly ward so sometimes they do surprise you! Ahh I know people all ways say it but time flies and first year your like I can't wait till uni again but by third year you really don't Want to be in Uni you just wanna be out on the job... Stick with it 3 years for a lifetime career you'll be fine :) x

Out of curiosity? You said you've seen a psychiatrist was it specifically for eating disorder or? I'm really hoping the cbt-e will sort my head out a little since I can remember I have obsessed constantly over food it's horrible lit can't turn my brain off :( I was more anorexic a few years and then piled the pounds on from binge eating and I know I need to sort out my head when I'm jealous of anorexics cause that's just something you should never own upto :/ x

Back