Any thoughts?

squishymcfatterson

Likes to post frequently
Hi all! On day 26 of 100% TFR (and I have been 100% throughout)

First week I lost 7lb, second week 7lb and third week 3lb. My problem is this week. Yes, I weigh myself every morning, and I know I shouldn't, but I do as usually it spurs me on. This week I have lost a total of 0.6lb in 5 days. :(

I haven't done anything different. I have 2 shakes a day and one soup. I drink 6 pints of water (3ish litres). It's not TOTM (that was last week). I'm not constipated. Exercise-wise I'm only doing a 30min walk with dog and baby each day so don't think I could be gaining much muscle?! I have also been feeling hungrier this week. I never even noticed if I missed a shake before, but this week my stomach seems to be rumbling a lot and I'm dying for the next "meal".

I suppose I'm just a little fed-up. This diet is tough, we all know that, but what usually spurs me on are the results. I am hoping to get to 10st10lb with Lipotrim and that should only be a couple of weeks away, but at the rate I'm going, I'd be on it for a lot longer (I'm stuck at 11st 1.8lb, aargh!)

My gut is telling me to stick with it for another week after weigh-in on Tues. but the devil on my shoulder says that I could be losing the same (if not more at the moment!) with the likes of healthy eating and WW. I'm scared of food now though!

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what might have caused me to slow down so significantly? Can you plateau in ketosis (so early on)?!

Last edited:
Hiya, I'm definately no expert but from what I can see most people have a slow week. Plus there is still a couple of days till your weigh in. I think you should stick with it and see what this week and next weeks weigh in brings and then make a decision.

Losing weight is not an exact science and some times losses are just a bit crap one week. But it will catch up, promise! It's so frustrating when you've stuck to it 100% but with that in mind there is no way you are gonna just stop losing weight! That's a physical impossibility!

You only have 8lbs to go, and you will do it in the next few weeks... If you move to another plan now where you can eat, you will just end up gaining as your body is currently in a very vulnerable state, as is used to very few calories.

You will not lose the same 4 weeks in, as you lost on your first week, that's just not possible. But you WILL keep losing at a faster rate than taking in more cals on another plan... So stick with it, and you will reach goal in no time! :)

In my experience, a slow week is followed up by a high loss week. Your body may just be hanging on to the weight for a sec, which happens when a person loses quickly. But it can't hang on for ever and WILL relinquish the lbs, and the losses will start moving again...

Try not to feel discouraged, and look at your losses over all. You've lost a lot in just a few weeks... And realistically it took a little while to put these pesky extra lbs on, so you have to accept that it may take a little while to shift them... ;)

If losing weight was that easy, everyone who attempted it would succeed! :)

Good luck xxx

Pinkie and Annie, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. You've been a real help. Have spoken to Mr. McFatterson too and he said there's now way I can't drop weight at some point as my body has to function and needs calories from somewhere! I suppose my fat cells are just being as stubborn as I am. Going to stick with it for this week and next, which was my plan all along, and pray for a big loss next week ;) Thanks again ladies. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ahh that's the spirit hunny!! :D

Lovely to know you have such a supportive man too, really helps eh? :)

Xx

Hi Squishy,

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive. LT say that a woman can expect to lose 1 stone a month so you are already ahead of target. Ideally I suppose we should only weigh ourselves every 4 weeks that way we'd see a fairer weight loss result but I can only just about contain myself to weigh twice a week, the thought of even trying to go 2 weeks, I know I couldn't do it!

BM

Busy Mum said:
Hi Squishy,

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive. LT say that a woman can expect to lose 1 stone a month so you are already ahead of target. Ideally I suppose we should only weigh ourselves every 4 weeks that way we'd see a fairer weight loss result but I can only just about contain myself to weigh twice a week, the thought of even trying to go 2 weeks, I know I couldn't do it!

BM

Thanks BusyMum! I know, I'm a total scales addict (when I'm losing. I hide from the scales when I know I'm putting on weight!!) You're wright though, I've lost more in 4 weeks than I would ever even dream of losing in WW etc some need to just ignore this blip and wait for it to pass (ASAP I hope!)

Hope you are getting on ok. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hello Squishy

You are doing really, really well...your problem is probably you don't have a great deal to lose...hence the slow down. For the record I weigh myself constantly too, I find it keeps my on track too (each to their own). Women...what we like.

Anyway I can not speed up your weight loss but I will give you a hug and tell you, you are looking fantastic. xxx

redwinegirl said:
Hello Squishy

You are doing really, really well...your problem is probably you don't have a great deal to lose...hence the slow down. For the record I weigh myself constantly too, I find it keeps my on track too (each to their own). Women...what we like.

Anyway I can not speed up your weight loss but I will give you a hug and tell you, you are looking fantastic. xxx

Hee hee, thanks! You're looking great too! Have you lost weight ;) ;) ?! x

Woohoo! Stepped on the scales this morning and lo and behold, dropped 1.4lb overnight! Isn't it funny (and great) that this can happen?! Will remind myself of this next time I feel like I'm stuck or plateauing. If you know that you have been 100% committed to whatever diet you're following, the weight has to go somewhere!

Woo hoo well done, that is fantastic!!!!!

Thanks Annie! Delighted and in a much better frame of mind now! Obviously I'm a complete slave to the scales..!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know what that's like!!!!

It does support my stance on not weighing myself on my own scales because it can really sway your mood and could sabotage your efforts. I had a rubbish week last week so can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow, I do feel slimmer and lots of people have commented today that they can really see my weight loss so hopefully the scales will support this but if not, I will just have to try & be positive and plough on with another week but happy in the knowledge I'm now in size 14 trousers! :)

Squish - Fantastic news...sometimes you have to just keep the faith.

Woo Hoo Mrs R...you little devil in your size 14s!! Well done. However we will agree to disagree on the scales, it does change your mood but it keeps me on track (did I mention I'm a control freak:D) Good luck for weigh in tomorrow, I think this could be YOUR week. Let me know xx

Back