Attack Any tips for a Dukan newbie!

Dukan2013

Hi all have nearly completed day one on the dukan diet and decided I could do with some support so the Internet led me to minimins! I was wondering if any experienced Dukaners ( not sure that is a word lol) could give me any tips for success! X

Hi, welcome on board the dukan bus!

There are loads and loads of dukan experts on here who will give you lots of hints and tips!

My best tip is to plan in advance what you're going to eat for tea each night so you're never ravenous and have nothing in but bread and beans etc!!!

Read some if the stickies posts for recipe ideas and always drink more water than you think you can - I always try and have a pint of the stuff with me!
X
X

Good luck, kellmo x

Hi and welcome xxx great advice from Kell, be prepared is the road to success, have loads of food in the fridge ready to eat and have a look at the recipie thread loads of ideas so no reason to get bored. Post your daily menus on hear and we can see what your eating and point you in the right direction if your straying from the path. Good luck xxx

Hi welcome to the forum, its a great place with loads of help.

Kell has it right, plan, plan and more planning. Stock up the fridge and freezer with lots of protein. Its worth batch cooking and freezing so if you have a late night you have stuff to hand that just needs defrosting.

Look around the forum and google for recipes etc., if there are any questions post em up, one of us will know something.

ha, siddy just beat me to it, see we are very friendly x

Hello and welcome to the best diet in the world xx you've found the two things you need to get a slim body - the dukan diet and this forum - both are brilliant - eat plenty and any questions you have ask away as someone on here will know the answer and we're a real friendly bunch x good luck x

Thanks guys!!! I'm working tomorrow and I live in so have come equipped with eggs and salmon for breakfast chicken breasts for lunch and a lean steak for dinner I also have two sugar free jelly's prawns and ham to snack on I have coke zero and water as well. I quite like diet coke with cherry but am not sure if I can have it on this diet any ideas??? X

I would avoide the cherry coke for now. Diet fizzys should have 1cal per 250ml drink. I've not really found any but coke zero is a good one. I then use flavourings to alter the taste. Lemon is nice as is vanilla.

Food sounds great, be careful with the SF jellies though. bare in mind one jelly makes 4 portions, the suggestion in the book is that we only have up to 3 portions a day. I tend to make a full jelly and eat a third at a time.

I would avoide the cherry coke for now. Diet fizzys should have 1cal per 250ml drink. I've not really found any but coke zero is a good one. I then use flavourings to alter the taste. Lemon is nice as is vanilla.

Food sounds great, be careful with the SF jellies though. bare in mind one jelly makes 4 portions, the suggestion in the book is that we only have up to 3 portions a day. I tend to make a full jelly and eat a third at a time.

Thanks it's so hard working out what I can and can't have I pre made the jelly so the two I have equate to half the pack so hopefully that will be ok

youll soon get into what you can and cannot have, it becomes second nature after a while xxx

Thanks it's so hard to work out what I can and can't have hopefully I won't take me long to get in to the swing of things! I pre made the jelly and divided it in to four pots so I had two pots today and will have the other two tomorrow ( iv raided my grans Tupperware that stuff is really handy I may have to invest in some lol) the other thing I'm struggling with is what yogurts i can have spent ages in the supermarket and left confused and empty handed! X

tupperware is ace, yes the two portions are fine hunni.

I keep all the quark tubs and the lids from my aldi yogurt as they fit, i can pour hot liquid in them and they don't melt LOL. You're doing fine hun, the food you've listed is fine and as sid said, it soon becomes second nature and in fact you don't even realise any day is different or that it was any other way at all.

There are bound to be little mistakes, but we all make them, just get past them and carry on. If you do make a mistake, please don't think you've totally ruined it and give up. Move on to the next day

The girls eat natural yoghurt 0% and add there own flavoring like vanilla, some sf jelly crystals xxx

Thanks for your advice I have just downloaded the minimins app on my phone it's just become my new best friend thanks for being so welcoming I feel at home already! X x x

App!!!! i didn't know there was one. I just bookmarked it and put a link on my desktop of my phone LOL.

Welcome...; and I trust you're having your oatbran?

Yeh haven't quite found a way that's tasty to eat it yet but have had my table spoon and a half each day iv been looking through the recipes on here tho and will defiantly be trying some when I get home from work tomorrow! X

if all else fails, add it to a yogurt, stir well and eat. I have mine as porridge and muffins or pancakes.

I really reccomend the complete dukan cookbook! Its got lists of what you can and cant have during each stage and delicous recipes with pictures to match!

Back