Any tips for a newbie? :)

Hi guys,

Am hoping to start Lipotrim TFR on Tuesday next. Am a bit worried I wont be able to stick to it so if anyone had any tips for me that would be so appreciated. I've been looking around the forum and everyone seems to be having amazing losses!! Really hoping I can too. :)

Hi, it's just determination and will power.
I think we've all been on several diets before and are desperate to loose weight. The first week is the hardest I'm only on day 8. You have to take a day at a time :)
Drink plenty of water at least 2 ltrs . Day 3 is the pits but come on here and talk to everyone, everyone is so nice.
Good luck x

Hi Sarah :)

Welcome to the world of LT the only advice I can give you is be strong, drink lots, prepare yourself for the first few days, invest in 'you' time- ie reading, taking baths and basically just occupy yourself! Also, come on here- everyone is lovely! Good luck and keep us updated! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Brilliant advice already. I agree, just be prepared for a god awful few days but I swear it gets better, and after the first weight in you feel fantastic. Get a good book, get a list of jobs to do and organise your drawers and cupboards. Also if you're anything like me, prepare to spend an awful lot of time on your hair!

Good luck

Hi Sarah, welcome :)

i've just finished my first week. I started on Saturday so i can have two days of being in bed because i knew i would feel weak and cranky, but hopefully you'll be fine from Tuesday onwards.

Im having my first shake at around 11, second at around 4 and third at around 8 because if i have it to early, ill have too many gaps in between and that will make me go bananas so maybe this method of taking them will help you too. The shakes will keep you full for a couple of hours with drinking lots of water aswell. Have your shake within the 15 minutes and i sip it slowly through a straw which usually takes me around 8 minutes, and i find that if i put in more water than the recommended 240ml it tastes nicer but it depends on individual taste.

You can mix coffee with the vanilla shake for a latte or a frappuccino (with crushed ice and blended with shake) or chocolate shake with coffee for a mocha or mochaccino. You can have sweeteners but only in tablet form, and can have herbal teas such as peppermint tea or green tea.

Once your in ketosis you wont feel hungry or be craving food as much and it takes a few days (depending on the person) to get into ketosis.

If you ever feel down or tempted to eat then use this forum as support, it really does help

Other than that i hope it goes well and im always here for support :) good luck :)

Hi Sarah, welcome :)

i've just finished my first week. I started on Saturday so i can have two days of being in bed because i knew i would feel weak and cranky, but hopefully you'll be fine from Tuesday onwards.

Im having my first shake at around 11, second at around 4 and third at around 8 because if i have it to early, ill have too many gaps in between and that will make me go bananas so maybe this method of taking them will help you too. The shakes will keep you full for a couple of hours with drinking lots of water aswell. Have your shake within the 15 minutes and i sip it slowly through a straw which usually takes me around 8 minutes, and i find that if i put in more water than the recommended 240ml it tastes nicer but it depends on individual taste.

You can mix coffee with the vanilla shake for a latte or a frappuccino (with crushed ice and blended with shake) or chocolate shake with coffee for a mocha or mochaccino. You can have sweeteners but only in tablet form, and can have herbal teas such as peppermint tea or green tea.

Once your in ketosis you wont feel hungry or be craving food as much and it takes a few days (depending on the person) to get into ketosis.

If you ever feel down or tempted to eat then use this forum as support, it really does help

Other than that i hope it goes well and im always here for support :) good luck :)

I did the opposite I had 2 days out to keep busy and stayed away from the food cupboards. X

good luck Sarah :)

Good luck Sarah! You can do it! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Kath, battling thru day 1 but real test will be dinner time as that's the time of day that I love sitting down and having a big dinner. Think will have a hot bath instead! X

Hiya hope you are doing ok.
If it helps in the first week, it's ok to split up your shakes into 6 smaller portions. I also like to crush tablet sweetner into mine so they taste better.
Keeping busy is good to take your mind off it too. :)
x

Hope your first day is going well for you! I struggled the first few days, but like others have said, coming on here is a massive motivation to carry on..so many amazing losses and words of encouragement, this site is definitely my crutch!! :) Same as previous advice, drink plenty of water & black/coffee or tea when you need something to taste. I vary my shakes as much as possible, I prefer the chocolate now as I feel more full from them (had just strawberry and vanilla previously). I've been going for 2 weeks now and have lost 12lb in total, it is such a boost after weigh-in and in a few days you should be able to see and feel a difference for yourself, which is what matters most. I have found others advice of treating yourself to a nice, hot bubble bath to be a great distraction and pampering yourself a little ie. nails, hair, moisturising to fill in the blanks when you would usually be snacking. When your hungry drink some water, it takes the edge of it a bit. You will get used to it soon enough and have more food cravings when you fancy something, rather than hunger pangs. I suppose it's a bit like giving up smoking, you will crave it more initially but after a while your body will adjust and they disappear. My sister gave me some great advice when I almost gave in one day, "don't give up on the big thing you want in the future for the small thing you want now" and she couldn't have been more right. You can do it and will do it if you believe in yourself and put 100% in, it's a battle but it's one worth winning. I also like to think of all the nice clothes I'll be able to wear when I'm slim and how I will feel, that always helps. We're all here if you need us, it's a great support network on here! Best of Luck!!! :D xxx

Ah thanks Tinkerbell and AnnaMarie! I just gave myself a manicure to distract myself while OH makes his din. Gonna have a bath shortly. Trying not to think about not eating and instead distracting myself as you guys said. Fingers crossed I dont give up!! You guys have lost so much! Definitely motivating me to keep going x

Hey, I'm on day 1 today. How is it going for you so far? I was on lipotrim before but its so hard now and i feel very miserable and fat seeing people out and about in their summer clothing:(

Heya! On day 3- it's not as bad as I thought although I have zero energy!! How u doing? I know what you mean about people in their summer clothes-I can't wait to be in new clothes

The first week is the hardest although I've had a roller coaster on week 2 with my birthday (not celebrating) and illness but yes I'm focusing in the clothes !!! I've lost a stone in total and so happy I'm struggling on !!!

I'm this close to eating an m&m?

Back