Any tips for drinking water :(

XxleahxX

Hi guys day one for me and reallllllly really struggling to drink water I feel so sick And stuffed I'm only on 3rd Pint :cry:

Hi guys day one for me and reallllllly really struggling to drink water I feel so sick And stuffed I'm only on 3rd Pint :cry:

I couldn't drink the water plain so my CDC said to have the flavourings because no water no weightloss. Although ur not supposed to have them for the first 2 weeks I just couldnt manage drinking without it.

Now I do 3ltrs a day without a worry. Stick with it :D

agree with the above, berry flavour is my savour.

I drink b4 i do anything, take a drink, go to the loo, get back take a drink, take a drink go to the printer, come back take a drink, I drink out of a sports top bottle too seems to go down easier than from a glass.

good luck it does get easier

x

i managed to drink 3 litres last night (i work nights) i put summer fruits cordial with water,i don`t use a lot just enough to give it a bit of colour,i had two and a half litres of that plus half a litre of plain water,only drawback spent a lot of time in the toilets,must be my age.

brads
cheeky-smiley-036.gif

I agre with feeneyfoofoo....sports bottle so much easier than a glass...mine holds 700ml so i knw once i have drunk about four of them am dun, anything else a bonus......

I hated water when I started. I now can't do without! Even when I had my cd break earlier this year.

My tips - might be overkill, but it worked for me:
- ice cold water seems easier to drink. Get yourself 500ml bottles, fill them up and keep in a fridge (also help you keep count)
- set reminders on your phone/computer to remind you to get a fresh bottle 4 or 5 times a day (to begin with this would alert and Is still be sitting with an almost full bottle! So Id down it and then get a new one)
- download an app for your phone to log your water at the time you've finished it (I still use this now)
- use simple things as a reward. When I needed the toilet (which was a lot) Id make myself finish my current water bottle before I would "reward" myself with a visit to the bathroom! (this meant Ilearned to drink faster as I was desparate!) Or do the same before you allow yourself your next shake.
- think of it as medicine. I woke up everyday knowing I had to have 3 shakes and 8 bottles of water. Any less, and I may as well have eaten a McDonald's
- aim high. From the beginning I've aimed for 4litres a day. I always hit 3, and sometimes more.
- when you're struggling to drink it - visualise the water flushing all the fat out your body. Work on it - sometimes I actually feel thinner when I finish a bottle cause my imagination is getting so good!

2 other things I wish I had know at the beginning:
- you will go to the toilet every 20minutes. But this only lasts a week or so (then you can at least wait an hour!)
- water is an essential part of the diet. When I first did this 3 years ago I was 100% on the food, but only managed 1.5litres of water, I did not lose weight weeks 2, 3 or 4. Then gave up. It is so so important - you have to find a way to succeed.

I realise some of my methods are bonkers - but I couldn't even drink half a small bottle of water last year.

Good luck - hope some of this works for you!

i drink i pint before any cd product. always make my shakes up to 500ml (that an extra 225ml of water that you can cross off your need to drink list), then i add cd flavouring to fizzy water. remember if you drink tea or coffee to add that water too.

i managed to drink 3 litres last night (i work nights) i put summer fruits cordial with water,i don`t use a lot just enough to give it a bit of colour,i had two and a half litres of that plus half a litre of plain water,only drawback spent a lot of time in the toilets,must be my age.

brads
cheeky-smiley-036.gif

should say - that's really not advised. even sugar free cordial contains citric acid, which can kick you out of ketosis.

i bought the flavourings - because i hated water (especially our tapwater) but because you can only have 1 teaspoon a day, even if i used that for 1.5 litres, I would still need to drink water eventually, and now i can't really be bothered. i drink so much water that i've just got used to it. i still don't like it (though evian is nicer than tapwater) but i've got accustomed to making myself glug half a pint down at regular intervals.

i've not been told u can only have a teaspoon a day.....

I have it in ALL my water???????

WORRIED!!!!!

you're prob fine, but yes - there's a sticky thread on here about it. 1 teaspoon of water flavour OR one scoop of mix a mousse, OR one teaspoon of golden vegetable per day.

the water flavourings do contain a little citric acid, iirc.

thanks for the link...

gosh... might explain my 2lb loss.....

i have brought 2 pots of the berry flavour in 5 weeks!

there is no recommended dose on the label and it also says use within 6 weeks, not sure a teaspoon a day would use it up...

not happy about this at all....

spangles said:
should say - that's really not advised. even sugar free cordial contains citric acid, which can kick you out of ketosis.

i bought the flavourings - because i hated water (especially our tapwater) but because you can only have 1 teaspoon a day, even if i used that for 1.5 litres, I would still need to drink water eventually, and now i can't really be bothered. i drink so much water that i've just got used to it. i still don't like it (though evian is nicer than tapwater) but i've got accustomed to making myself glug half a pint down at regular intervals.

You can only have 1tsp a day??? Boo :( CDC never told me that and I've been enjoying it all day. Must have had at least four!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

FeeneyFooFoo said:
i've not been told u can only have a teaspoon a day.....

I have it in ALL my water???????

WORRIED!!!!!

It used to be 2 tsp a day about 5 years ago but they changed it to just 1tsp.

P.s I also used to make the jelly too with cd flavouring AND the mam!

Back