Any tips?

beckiieboop

Hi guys, just been reading a few of your posts and you're all doing ace!
I'm currently doing Lipotrim but after I reach my goal weight on there I want to start a VLCD.
My sister has been doing it for about a year, and she's done so well losing weight and keeping it off!
Has anyone got any tips for me? With what's best to eat, the amount of calories I should be aiming for daily and how much exercise I should do? (I'm rubbish when it comes to exercise!)

I'm only 19, almost 20 and when it comes to cooking, I can only do simple haha. Jacket potatoes anyone?!

So any tips would be great so I can start preparing for next month, bring it on :D

Hello.

No real tips, I'm just plodding along.
My Fitness Pal is my main tool, adding my food before i eat it really helps me plan my days.

I'm 31, and can't really cook either. I eat jacket potato's most days. Meat, potato and veggies.

Good luck

Agree with all above really in terms of tips.

My Fitness Pal is a godsend. Planning a rough idea for the day ahead helps with spreading calories efficiently to however best suits you. I personally eat a lot less in the mornings and have a bigger meal in the evening usually.

Defo agree with Phoenyx re processed food- you get so much more bang for your (calorie) buck with fresh stuff. There are loads of super easy recipes you can try- check out the recipe bit of the CC forum and also peoples diaries. You can munch on a lot of fruit and veg for relatively little calories and get the nutrients and they are filling thanks to the water/fibre content. I personally like chopping them up as it feels more "snacky" to me and you can have a good portion for like a quarter of the calories of a pack of crisps or whatever.

Re jacket potatoes, you could try swapping for a sweet potato sometimes as they are lower calorie. Also I find getting a smaller potato and padding it out with loads and loads of salad and foregoing cheese for something like cooked chicken with fat free fromage frais with black pepper & salt in it (tastes like mayo).

Good luck :D

Hi Beckieboop! I was on Lipotrim to get to a healthy BMI. I am now calorie counting to get to my goal weight. I agree with everyone above who recommends the MyFitnessPal app. It has been great for me. After the refeed week I was originally sticking to 1200 cals a day but found as my appetite increased I needed slightly more. I found my BMR online (how many cals you would burn if you just lay in bed all day!) and it was 1390 so I'm using that as my daily allowance now. I'm averaging around 1lb loss a week which I am happy with!

Definitely helps to be prepared too. I plan meals for the week (breakfast and lunch are similar most days and dinner changes) and allow myself low cal treats so I don't feel deprived. I exercise every day and I look like I'm going over my cals for the day I just do extra. Now that I'm lighter I enjoy exercise a lot more. I didn't do much exercise besides walking on Lipotrim as I didn't feel up to it.

Hope this helps a bit. I you've any questions give me a shout as I only came off Lipotrim 3-4 weeks ago. X

Thank you everyone for your help, I'm definitely looking forward to finishing lipotrim and starting calorie counting! Even if. It does mean a lot of planning! Does anyone have a day off, like on a weekend? As my plan is to have a Saturday as a day to indulge on something nice but don't know if this would have a big effect on weight loss. Only 8 more lbs to lose til I reach a healthy bmi and can begin reference :D so excited x

beckiieboop said:
Thank you everyone for your help, I'm definitely looking forward to finishing lipotrim and starting calorie counting! Even if. It does mean a lot of planning! Does anyone have a day off, like on a weekend? As my plan is to have a Saturday as a day to indulge on something nice but don't know if this would have a big effect on weight loss. Only 8 more lbs to lose til I reach a healthy bmi and can begin reference :D so excited x

I do, usually a meal. The problem is that more often than not, it spirals into a weekend of bingeing, so I'm cutting my cheat meal out for the month of November to break the cycle (with the exception of a slice of cake on my birthday!), then I'll make a decision what to do. I think reintroduce with very strict rules (eg a time limit) and a plan to distract myself at the vulnerable time after....

beckiieboop said:

I don't plan a regular one day or meal, but occasionally i have parties/events/meals out where i do allow myself more.

MissAmy said:
I don't plan a regular one day or meal, but occasionally i have parties/events/meals out where i do allow myself more.

Yep, I'm the same. Maybe once or twice a month when I have something on, I allow myself a break from counting. I don't do it every weekend as I don't need to, and I don't want it to become a habit.

Back