Green Days any vegans out there?

You can have soya milk as your HEA, soya yogurt is synned, there are no free yogurts. Not sure if vegan cheese can count as a healthy extra. Tofu is free, pulses beans and lentils are free, so recipes can be made with them

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can have almond milk too, almond breeze blue diamond, 875 mls for a healthy extra a!!! Thats if you can get hold of any ha ha

It is clover, all the almond,soya milks seem more expensive than cow juice. I was quite happy with skimmed milk although the allowance is pitiful, until our c told us about this almond milk. I love it, and it was on offer for £1 but in Asda now £1.39, and Tesco £1.49. They had loads in Tesco today, but I didnt buy any, not at that price. I have some stashed away in the hope that by the time I run out it will be on offer again, ha ha :)

Crazy but nice. One of the alpro ones cant remember which, is actually even more than that for a HEA!!! Get in! :)

Hi Clover,

We've met on the summer challenge - I'm the one with a cat called Clover :) Do post on my diary for any support or advice, I've a couple . there is one hidden away on the Silver Section which you couldn't see atm, but there is this one that just has my food in it. I don't update it very often but if you want to drop by there that will encourage me to keep it up to day. http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/260917-food-without-angst-vegan-sw.html

Good to hear of another vegan here, I thought Mandlebrot and I were the only ones atm. There are some old diaries but I don't think the authors are active on Minis anymore.

M xxx

PS Do you have a diary of your own yet?

There is also a section in the healthy eating bit for veggies and vegans

ETA: I read your sig and found you :)

Last edited:
I get the unsweetened too, and if I want sweet in my drinks I use a sucralose based sweetener. I've no proof or research to back this up but my dh used to work for Tate and Lyles and they reckoned it to be healthier than aspartame and sacharine - not that that takes much. The unsweetened is good in soups and you can have so much of it. Have a look out for the Alpro equivalent too.

Hello! I've been lurking on Minimins for some time now and having reached my highest weight ever (eeek!), I've decided to take the plunge and start doing the Slimming World plan from Monday. I managed to lose quite a lot of weight on Slimming World back in 2010, but since then have piled it all back on - plus more! I've been struggling with my weight for most of my life and I know that I have eating issues, as I have a tendency to binge on crisps, bread, vegan chocolate etc., so I do need quite a structured plan. I became vegan a few years ago after reading 'The China Study' (brilliant book!) and more recently have read Neal Barnard's '21 Day Kickstart Programme' (I'm a huge fan of Dr Barnard!). It's a great book with lots of interesting information about the benefits of a low fat, vegan diet, but unfortunately I didn't get anywhere with the plan, because I kept lapsing into bingeing on rubbish - as mentioned, I really need something quite structured. So it's back to Slimming World, which is the only diet that has ever worked for me. I have to be absolutely honest, and say that it's taken me a while to get my head around the idea of going back to Slimming World, as I'm not terribly keen on handing over my hard earned dosh to an organisation that promotes meat/dairy eating (on its red/EE plans anyway), given the detrimental effect on health, the planet and animal welfare, but then hey - I can just take on board the good bits and ignore the rest. Anyway, it's great to know that there are a couple of fellow vegans on this forum and I wish us all luck, happiness and good health on our slimming journey xxx :)

Hi Tiggercat,

how very wonderful to find another vegan here :grouphugg:for us all. I too have been up and down the scales mostly with SW and know what you mean about giving money to organisation that promotes the stuff that SW does. At least they don't actually sell stuff (I deleted the word food) like WW do. I know weight watchers were owned by Heinz, I don't know who does own them now but that seemed the hight of manipulation of consumers - sell them foods to make them fat, then take their money again to organise their weight loss programme.

Oh yes, getting one's head into the right place, I've been reading a book that helped me and enjoy McKenna's CDs but find that unless I'm really emotionally ready for the weight loss journey I don't even want to look at books or listen to podcasts and CDs. I've tried being raw as an online friend was pushing it as the only healthy way to go but it doesn't feel right for me, I've tried the eat2live Neal Furhman approach which is where I found out about Susan Voisin as she posts on the yahoo group for the E2L programme.

Anyway, here I am again and delighted to find more vegans.

Hi Micci Lovely to hear from you and great to know that we are on the same wavelength. Yes, I agree that SW isn't in the same league as WW and I do know that the program works if you stick to it, which is the main thing. Like you, I'm fed up with struggling with my weight and want to nail the problem on the head once and for all! Many thanks for the info re. Susan Voisin. I've just been onto her web site and what fab recipes - most of them syn free too! I've also had a dabble with eating raw, but got very hungry and found that the only way to fill up was to eat loads of nuts, which didn't do much for my weight! So SW it is!! Wishing you well xxx :)

Back