Any vegetarians out there? Or hardcore green dayers?

Lianna

Silver Member
Im thinking of becoming vegatarian, wel most definately!! anyone else out there?How do you find it?Have you ever eaten meet then turned veggie? what are the health benefits!Thanks x

There are lots of vegetarians (and vegans) on this forum. I think the best thing for you to do would be to visit the Vegetarian Society website as they have lots of of resources for people who are considering becoming veggies. They should answer all the the questions you have. But if you have any questions specifically about doing SW as a vegetarian then ask away :)

Yep, lots of us here!

I've been veggie for eight years and I love it - following SW is so easy as a veggie too! I did eat meat before but now don't eat meat or any meat by-products (e.g gelatine). I don't miss meat at all being honest and although eating out can sometimes be a little annoying (especially when trying to find a SW friendly veggie option) it's really not difficult.

There are lots of little things that can trip a brand new veggie up so the Vegetarian Soc website is definitely well worth a read. And if you have any specific questions I am more than happy to help if I can. If you would like some green day ideas feel free to take a look at my diary (link in my sig), I only do green days.

Good luck with whatever you chose :) x

I'm a veggie and try to do red days. Been veggie for over twenty years. I think one of the difficult areas is yoghurt because they often have gelatine
In them - such as mullet lights - bit there are plenty which don't. My fave is asda rhubarb and vanilla - which is also free.

I only do Green days, although I'm not vegetarian as although I don't eat meat, I eat Mullers and will also eat tuna or salmon once in a blue moon. I love Green days, and find that I'm never bored. I love Quorn products, too, not the mince or chunks, but the escalopes and deli products.

Think i might just start off doing green days and see how much i miss meat!! Thanks ladies x

I try to do a few green days a week and find that you can use that extra healthy extra b on meat and get quite a bit. Also sometimes I find I don't always fill that third of my plate with super free food. You get used to it and yeah you probably do eat less meat and more carbs.

Back