Anybody been to Kos, Greece?

Beth11

Hi, we are due to fly to Kos in 60 days time... anyone been? Any must-dos and must-avoids? Thank you! xxx:D

How exciting im going to Greece but Zante with the girls... its going to be a messy one lol

have fun

We went to kos about 6yrs ago...it was lovely there, beaches fab, shops and ppl all lovely, def recommend amazon restaurant if its still running..how they made profit i dont know!! it was set price (cant remember how much, but ridiculously cheap) and you could eat and drink however much you wanted...not nasty buffet, proper huge menu! beach front so after 3 course meal, cocktails on beach! no wonder i gained 1st lol x

Went to zante last yr and its fab there too, just love greece! zante great for kids as most the pubs/restaurants have little parks for kids, one had huge ship for them to play on, and if you go to popeyes, kids get treated like royalty and given caps..they were given lollys everywhere we went. You will have fab time x

We've been to Kos three times, we loved it so much after that we booked our wedding there after we came home from our first trip there!
The locals are so friendly, the food is fantastic! You can go into any restaurant and ask them to cook you anything, even if it's not on their menu. Weather is always fab, I've never seen it rain there however it can get a bit windy due to the fact it's a small island.

Beaches are lovely, crystal clear water but depending on which beach you go to the sand can be a bit stoney. Would recommend sea shoes as the sea bed is also quite rocky.

Take nappy sacks for the bathroom because you cannot put toilet roll down te toilet, there's a little bin beside every toilet for you to pop the paper in. We like to use nappy sacks to keep smells away and also the cleaners appreciate it!

Have a lovely time! So jealous as we're not going to Kos this year, we're tying Turkey xxx

Got back from kos last friday, was amazing. So friendly and a beautiful place. We were staying in tigaki on the north coast and other than a couple of days cloudy/windy weather it was beautiful.
We took the coach up to zia for the sunset which was one of my must do's before we went, gutted that it clouded over and we saw nothing but still a beautiful view and if you get it on a clear day its really spectacular.
Have a lovely time x

Back