Anybody else starting AGAIN!!!

pamiepie

Moose no more!
Hi Everyone!
Went to a class last night and in about 4 years this is my 3rd attempt at doing this! :-( This needs to happen for me this time and i'm determined!!
What i'm going to do different is stay for image therapy, does anyone think this really helps them, rather than going it alone?

Hi Everyone!
Went to a class last night and in about 4 years this is my 3rd attempt at doing this! :-( This needs to happen for me this time and i'm determined!!
What i'm going to do different is stay for image therapy, does anyone think this really helps them, rather than going it alone?

Hi hun. You're not alone, there are lots of us on here who have joined over and over again - I'm currently on my second go.

I definitely find that staying to Image Therapy helps, especially if I've had a bad week. Staying to Image Therapy you can pick up lots of hints, tips and advice from your consultant and other members - this week I picked up a new recipe from a member, it was for a half Syn cake. Yes - half a Syn for the whole cake :eek: :drool:

You'll be with lots of like-minded people, and nobody is there to judge you. Everyone is in the same boat and is there because they want to lose weight. I'm sure everyone will support you and help you through your Slimming World journey.

Good luck!

Thanks so much! You're right I suppose the support is Key!! I do love the plan when I can chat about it with others so hopefully will find support and advice on here too! X

Hi PamiePie :D

I'm starting again tomorrow, doing SW alone from home as was disappointed with the consultant at my new group (we moved here 4 months ago and i only lasted at group 4 weeks. I have done SW a few times before (in between babies) and LOVED IT! My last consultant was amazing and has offered to be there for me through emails (i used to do the weigh ins for her :cry: at group)

Aaaaanyway, i cannot make another group locally at the moment but Spring and Summer are on their way and after a bad year and illness i've not bothered with what i eat or to exercise and have a good 4 or 5 stone to lose (again)!

Enough of my rambling and back to your question - YES i think IMAGE THERAPY is such a great thing (with the right consultant ;)) i never used to miss it.

So many other things help me too, drinking plenty of water, planning meals, trying a different recipe or two every week!

Good Luck! :) - Hopefully this time you'll get to where you want to be! xxx

Thanks so much for everyone's input!! Would be nice to have some buddies on here to do it with!! Vanilla cupcake sorry I will go do a search right now to see what I can find :) just getting used to the rules etc. I also need to go and search for some lunchtime Inspiration as today's was a little bland! But nice and healthy!! I even have a picture lol! I have no idea how to syn the coleslaw :( xx

Attachments

• image-3768674375.jpg
    image-3768674375.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 61
Sealmylips said:
Hi PamiePie :D

I'm starting again tomorrow, doing SW alone from home as was disappointed with the consultant at my new group (we moved here 4 months ago and i only lasted at group 4 weeks. I have done SW a few times before (in between babies) and LOVED IT! My last consultant was amazing and has offered to be there for me through emails (i used to do the weigh ins for her :cry: at group)

Aaaaanyway, i cannot make another group locally at the moment but Spring and Summer are on their way and after a bad year and illness i've not bothered with what i eat or to exercise and have a good 4 or 5 stone to lose (again)!

Enough of my rambling and back to your question - YES i think IMAGE THERAPY is such a great thing (with the right consultant ;)) i never used to miss it.

So many other things help me too, drinking plenty of water, planning meals, trying a different recipe or two every week!

Good Luck! :) - Hopefully this time you'll get to where you want to be! xxx

I'm really hoping my consultant is good, it's such a shame about yours :(

Most of them are! ;)

I make my own coleslaw and don't have my books to hand -but if you can do without it next time omit the coleslaw! xx

I've loads of recipes and ideas for lunches! Before having my 2 yr old son i used to work as a Manager in a Hotel, early starts and late finishes and used to always miss the canteen as was busy - however that was a godsend as the food in their was calorific ha ha! ;) So i used to take brekkie and lunch in on an early and a pack up for my late shift aswell!

Just about to get the kids ready for bed so i'll post a few ideas tomorrow! :D See if that helps! x

Hi Everyone!

For me, absolutely. I joined the on line SW before Xmas and the only thing I lost was 3 months. I need to go get weighed by somebody or I just dont do it. Dont worry I did SW in 2010 and lost 5 stones. I have just returned - 3 weeks now and lost 18 lbs so far. I could absolutely kick myself for ever stopping!

I am doing SW for the 4th time! First time was a HUGE success and I lost over 3 stone. That was in the days of red/green only days when tinned macaroni cheese and all corned beef were free on their respective days and quorn was a brand new 'invention'. Slowly I put the weight back on over 6 years plus another stone! I have tried to start again 3 times since. Unfortunately I cannot attend the group I would like to because of other life/child commitments but that's a real shame BECAUSE IMAGE THERAPY MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE. I am happy to say there is alot of support and help on this site but you will definitely do better if you go to group. And don't miss a weigh in even when you have had a dodgy week as it will help you to draw a line under it and move on. Good luck hun.

Most of them are! ;)

I make my own coleslaw and don't have my books to hand -but if you can do without it next time omit the coleslaw! xx

I've loads of recipes and ideas for lunches! Before having my 2 yr old son i used to work as a Manager in a Hotel, early starts and late finishes and used to always miss the canteen as was busy - however that was a godsend as the food in their was calorific ha ha! ;) So i used to take brekkie and lunch in on an early and a pack up for my late shift aswell!

Just about to get the kids ready for bed so i'll post a few ideas tomorrow! :D See if that helps! x

Thanks! i've just made up a pasta salad for tomorrow so no choices to make :) Would love ideas so will go and look in the sub forums!

I joined a class in march 2009, another in march 2010 & then started over at home in April 2011.

I left class for various reasons but I really did love image therapy. Some of my friends used to hate the clapping after each loss was announced, but I loved hearing how others had done & found it encouraging. I think if you stay for image therapy go with a positive attitude (unlike my friends!) and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I liked hearing how others had done, the C would share any news or tips & she'd often ask if anyone had found new treats that were low syn. I'm sure you'll find it encouraging & make some friends which will motivate you too :)

Hi and welcome back!

This is my 4th time of the plan, I lost nearly 4st the 1st time, stayed for Image therapy most weeks and had a goal of my wedding to aim for.

2nd and 3rd time were with different C's as I'd moved and I just couldn't get into staying, I always felt awkward and felt the C just wasn't very good so didn't really stick to it, tried WW which worked for a few weeks!

I have now joined with a new goal which is to promote a lifelong healthy lifestyle for my family, we've got a new baby due in May and the thought of a sweaty, bloated, exhausted Summer just fills me with dread, I have decided to go and stay at group every week NO MATTER WHAT and that to beat this addiction I have is probably going to cost me 1 hour out of my week for the rest of my life, a small price to pay I reckon!

Good luck, enjoy you journey and know that this is the last time you will join SW :)

Grizzly_man said:
Hi and welcome back!

This is my 4th time of the plan, I lost nearly 4st the 1st time, stayed for Image therapy most weeks and had a goal of my wedding to aim for.

2nd and 3rd time were with different C's as I'd moved and I just couldn't get into staying, I always felt awkward and felt the C just wasn't very good so didn't really stick to it, tried WW which worked for a few weeks!

I have now joined with a new goal which is to promote a lifelong healthy lifestyle for my family, we've got a new baby due in May and the thought of a sweaty, bloated, exhausted Summer just fills me with dread, I have decided to go and stay at group every week NO MATTER WHAT and that to beat this addiction I have is probably going to cost me 1 hour out of my week for the rest of my life, a small price to pay I reckon!

Good luck, enjoy you journey and know that this is the last time you will join SW :)

Your post really made me smile! Really positive and it's making me think we can all do this! I identify with what you say about having a baby, we are trying and it hasn't happened so far and I'm convinced its my weight :( and i dont want to be a huge exhausted mum! The crazy thing is, once I "start again" I wonder why I ever stopped! Chilli prawn spaghetti for dinner, I can't wait! Lol. The other half is doing this with me and he loves sw dinners!

LisaC said:
I joined a class in march 2009, another in march 2010 & then started over at home in April 2011.

I left class for various reasons but I really did love image therapy. Some of my friends used to hate the clapping after each loss was announced, but I loved hearing how others had done & found it encouraging. I think if you stay for image therapy go with a positive attitude (unlike my friends!) and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I liked hearing how others had done, the C would share any news or tips & she'd often ask if anyone had found new treats that were low syn. I'm sure you'll find it encouraging & make some friends which will motivate you too :)

It's the tips and hints I'm the most excited about!!

Back