Anybody fancy being a guinea pig?!

Ive found a link on the Guardian website which claims it knows the 'secret' 11 herbs and spices for KFC chicken :p

I wouldnt use the MSG if I were making it and obviously id use my HEb for the breadcrumbs and an egg to help coat the chicken.

I just wondered if anyone fancied testing the recipe before I spend a fortune on herbs lol

I tried the SW KFC and didnt like it so thought id have a search on the net, this is what I found anyway

The Word of Mouth KFC challenge | Life and style | guardian.co.uk

Circes said:
No point in me volunteering as I've never eaten KFC!

.....and I thought I was the only one Circes - lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I cant be the only one that eats it because the SW KFC thread is heaving with replies and people that have tried it lol. I just need a guinea pig to test this recipe :)

I can't watch the video on my phone but think I've got most of the herbs & spices.
Will check when I get in and if I have I'll try and make it. Might use chicken breast though as never cooked drumsticks before. What did they use to bind it to the chicken?

I've just watched the video and the chicken in marinaded overnight in the fridge in milk. Remove from fridge and poached for 20 minutes in the same milk and then left to cool in the milk. In the meantime grind up all the herbs and then mix with the flour to make the seasoned flour.

Once cooled, remove chicken from the milk and cover with seasoned flour, redip in the milk and back into the seasoned flour, ie double dipped and floured.

Then deep fried.

Not very SW friendly!

Denise

I can't watch the vid but I've started adding 5 spice to by fake kfc and it makes a big difference. Real kfc is battered rather than breadcrumbed so it's never going to feel the same but it comes close.

Am I the only person in the universe to find KFC revolting? :confused:

this could be interesting! xx

I've just watched the video and the chicken in marinaded overnight in the fridge in milk. Remove from fridge and poached for 20 minutes in the same milk and then left to cool in the milk. In the meantime grind up all the herbs and then mix with the flour to make the seasoned flour.

Once cooled, remove chicken from the milk and cover with seasoned flour, redip in the milk and back into the seasoned flour, ie double dipped and floured.

Then deep fried.

Not very SW friendly!

Denise

I wasnt planning on copying the video, I just wanted the same 'taste'.

Im planning on using breadcrumbs and using an egg to bind it together, ive just bought all the herbs and some mini chicken fillets so sometime this week i'll be trying it :)

ooh please let us know :) xx

Well........... we made it last night for dinner - didnt smell or taste like KFC but tasted better than the SW KFC to me. It needed a bit less chilli powder or maybe even leave it out, seemed a bit strong for me!

Back