Anybody had severe hairloss?

My mother who lost alot of weight same as my Dad, They never lost hair. I'm a little vain about my hair, Is it something specifically associated with CD? Or is it just weightloss in general, And are there ways to prevent it?

I thought I had 9st to lose, But I just calculated its 8st, maybe a little less. o.o For some reason thats really reliving.

Hey,

When your on this diet your hair stops growing. Its something to do with all the nutrients going to your vital organs. So basically you hold on to your old dead hair. When you are off the diet, you body decides to start growing hair again, so as the new hair grows it pushes out the old hair. So basically its sheds all the dead hair that it should have got rid of if you werent on the diet. So there may be a point when your hairs starts to fall out and look thin, but this is because it is pushing out old hair to make way for new hair.

I was off the diet for a few months and this did happen to me. Its looking a bit thin, but as i have decided to go back on the diet, i dont know if there is more hair growing!! I will find out when i come off the diet! It annoys me a bit that my hair is thin, but i would prefer to be slim than have a full head of hair!! It will grow back eventually :)

Back