Anyone a sky engineer or know one, i have a q!!

bevhunter1986

Silver Member
So the engineer came out! EVERY time I record nearly 80% of the programme loses sound or becomes disjointed sound between movement on their lips on screen!!

Driving me sodding crackers!! Every freaking channel!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Starlight said:
Go to something youve recorded... FF a min or so then rewind a min then try watching it then

Tried 4 or 5 times :( got that peed off I've deleted half of it x

First of all do a planner rebuild this is done by pressing services button then move across to settings then press down once then press 0 then 1 then select then move across to rebuild then press select then select again once finished then do a software forced update this involves removing sky card and unplugging from mains hold down backup button on skybox (not remote ) whilst plugging back in keep holding for at least 15 seconds box should start downloading software it takes about 5 to 10 mins the screen message says 10 but it's approximate. Hopefully it works but if problem persists it is a signal issue either cable damage dish alignment or outside interference caused by things like cordless phone base being too close to sky box or even Internet router being too close to sky box . Hope this helped a bit let me know. This is for a HD box? If its normal box just look for services button, 4 ,0,1 select then 7 for rebuild. But it does sound like you should insist Sky come out and rectify the problem x

I did all this before sky came out. They sorted wires and stuff so now it records but it's crap! Out of ideas now.

Too late most is deleted got fed up!!

Mines in my room, no cordless phone or router upstairs at all. Signal issue and dish was checked a week ago Friday and apparently all ok. Defo at a loss I've got to say.

Engineer left me a contact number to call him directly within 30 days so I'll be doing that Monday

Starlight said:
Have you phoned their help line number about it, they talked me through fixing it in literally minutes.

Oh yeah they did and they said we'll send an engineer out they did. Engineer got here and said oh my god this job isn't even what they said! I was like yeah I know I thought that too.

Im going to phone engineer back Monday as he was very helpful x

If it's a Thompson receiver with component output sockets on the rear then the power supply needs upgrading, it's a common fault on this model, just get Sky to replace it but if you need the component output for your TV tell them as the later models don't have these connectors.......

Hey thanks for your replies. Nah when sky engineer looked he said that cables were fine and box was relatively new, along with my tv which was new in August 2011. But our dish is old whilst there's nothing wrong with it could do with being replaced for a new one! Will phone tomorrow.

Will try another update later see of that works maybe before I call him tomorrow.

We have bad signal in silly weather but I'd I watch the channel as it records its fine yet the recording is not :/

Ooh it's only certain channels! Universal, sky living and sky 1,2,3 :/

Back