Anyone aged 50+ had great success?

TwinkleToes2day

Silver Member
Hi :wavey:

I'm just wondering what weight you started at and where you are now or ended up? I just got into the 11s on Wednesday and although I've never verbalised my actual target weight, ideally I would love to end up at least at 9st. I am good at being good and watching my syns, so what do you reckon my chances are?
Thank you :D

Oops, is that the time, got to go catch my train. See ya later ;)

I'm 54 (in July), started at 16stone 7lb and now I'm 9 stone, and look! I'm the same height as you :)

Not from personal experience but my mum joined slimming world when she was 54 and went from 14 to 10 stone. Best of luck :)

P.S. - my Mum is 83 and has lost over 3 stone

I'm 54 (in July), started at 16stone 7lb and now I'm 9 stone, and look! I'm the same height as you :)

:thankyou:

Not from personal experience but my mum joined slimming world when she was 54 and went from 14 to 10 stone. Best of luck :)

A lady in my group who is in her 60s has lost an average of 2 pounds a week since joining after christmas and has reached her target once but kept losing so lowered it.

Well done and keep up the good work

Teresa

P.S. - my Mum is 83 and has lost over 3 stone

Oohh thank you thank you thank you :thankyou: Your replies have made me sooo excited and inspired to think that I can get 'back to my old self' one day :woohoo: So great to know I shan't be :deadhorse: any time soon :p

I wasn't down by any means because I am really enjoying eating so well :eat: but it's so difficult to judge a persons age by what they write and we are all so coy about making our ages 'public' ;) I just got to wondering who I could emulate :cross:

I hope others leave a post so more over 50's can see it's all worth while & continue to be inspired:scale:

:hug99: for each of you :wavey:

I hit 50 in Feb.I don't dye my hair anymore and I wear big pants.:D

I am doing healthy eating as I can't be bothered to follow an eating plan after trying so many over the years.
Until 3 weeks ago I use to eat like a horse.Anything that was in sight I would eat.
I've not lost a lot but I'm not getting annoyed or upset about it.As long as I am down to at least 10 stone by Sept but would love to be 9 1/2 stone then I will be happy going on holiday.:)

Hey there :wavey: gettingfit (are you? :p)

I do dye my hair and I do wear big pants - comfort is paramount for me, always has been. I don't 'get' the hipster jeans that show a$$ on bending either I'm afraid ;) :giggle:

Slow and steady wins the race so i'm told, but we can't control the speed weight gets lost :)
Do you go to group or weigh in at home? I'm a wednesday weigher at home. :scale:
Keep us posted on how your getting on as your holiday approaches. :D

I hit the big 'SIX O' last September and after a health scare ( which turned out fine in the end) decided to do something about my weight which has been creeping up for years!
I do dye my hair and have purple highlights!
I wear eye make up everyday including silver eyeliner!!!
Down side!!
I have fallen arches and varicose veins!!! Ha Ha!

I hit the big 'SIX O' last September and after a health scare ( which turned out fine in the end) decided to do something about my weight which has been creeping up for years!
I do dye my hair and have purple highlights!
I wear eye make up everyday including silver eyeliner!!!
Down side!!
I have fallen arches and varicose veins!!! Ha Ha!

Hiya Sugarpuff :wavey:

I too have fallen arches so am restricted as to what shoes I can wear due to the shoe inserts I have to use, really annoying, :mad:

I always remember my old gran saying ''Old age doesn't come alone'' haha :rolleyes: but I know we aren't 'old' yet but I'm beginning to understand what she meant :sigh: ;)

My hair is purplish and I like to wear eyemakeup & my fave lippy is Lipfinity ;)

Keep up the good work, and let us know how you're getting on :D

I am in my late forties and not done too badly :)

Hiya Welshcake :D

Thanks for popping by ;) (with your creepy bug thing :p) :giggle:

Not done too badly? You're doing great! :D

Do you mix your days or prefer a particular one? I mostly use EE but sometimes do a red or green if I want extra hexa/b's for a change.

:wavey:

Twinkletoes, what a great thread!

I'm 54, and trying hard to get to under 12 stones, ideally I think I'd like to be 11 1/2 but am concerned that I don't look drawn and older than I do now. So easy does it for me. I did make 11.10 after doing CD, and felt great there but didn't stick to it as you can see. Hopefully SW will help me get to where I want to be and will help us all.
There are a few of us who are of a 'certain age' on here, I'll round a few more up! x

I do EE as I can now do that without thinking, I don't bother eating bread any more as its my weakness.

I find that too but sometimes I want some cooked fruit like rhubarb and maybe use some oil to cook with. I think I had bread one day last week to have cheese on toast for breakfast for a change but other than that I can't remember when I had it last. I would eat it till the cows came home lol :eatdrink012:

Hiya Sugarpuff :wavey:

I too have fallen arches so am restricted as to what shoes I can wear due to the shoe inserts I have to use, really annoying, :mad:

I always remember my old gran saying ''Old age doesn't come alone'' haha :rolleyes: but I know we aren't 'old' yet but I'm beginning to understand what she meant :sigh: ;)

My hair is purplish and I like to wear eyemakeup & my fave lippy is Lipfinity ;)

Keep up the good work, and let us know how you're getting on :D

Hi Twink
We could be twins! I too wear orthotics in my shoes and have to wear wide 'clodhopper' shoes. I also wear Lipfinity lippy but the older I get the thinner my lips have got!!! If you dont mind I will add you as a friend so I can keep an eye on you!!!! Ha Ha!

Hi Twink
We could be twins! I too wear orthotics in my shoes and have to wear wide 'clodhopper' shoes. I also wear Lipfinity lippy but the older I get the thinner my lips have got!!! If you dont mind I will add you as a friend so I can keep an eye on you!!!! Ha Ha!

Haha, don't mind at all sis ;)
I mostly wear crocs but I do have a pair of trainers I wear when it's wet, or on my bike, which are quite comfy thankfully.
I had quite thick lips growing up, so a little thinning isn't a bad thing for me haha ;)
What day do you weigh in Suagr?
:wavey:

Last edited:
When I was 55 I weighed 15 and a half stone - when I was 56 I weighed 10st.

We have been traveling in the Far East for the last 4 months and have put on about a stone - (the clothes are very tight) eating in restaurants and at street stalls does nothing for the healthy diet :cry:
but in a couple of weeks will start my photo diary to keep me back on track.

My before and after pics are are in my profile album and the blue suit is waiting for me to get back in to. :)

Last edited:
My Mum & Dad were both over 50 and both lost alot of weight in around 10/12 months on SW. Mum lost about 5 stone, and Dad either 7 or 9 stone ( I can never remember! lol)

Hi, im 55 and currently have lost 7st 4lb still a way to go to target but its coming off at 2-3lb a week.

I cant exercise a great deal as had a fall last year which left my knees seriously damaged and painful so the weightloss will probably slow down a bit as I get nearer to target.

I'm 58 and I've gone from 13st 1 at New year to 12st 1 yesterday. It's only coming off at the rate of 1lb per 10 days on average but at least it is coming off. I have been trying on summer clothes and things are either too big or fit a lot better than they did last year. Like Bess I want to be 11 st something as if I got down below 11 I think I might look ill after all these years of being bigger.

Back