Anyone any ideas? I feel like crap

Wobble Wonder

So, six days of attack (was supposed to do 7 for some reason, I'm only 1 stone overweight so think that's a bit overkill but anyway.)

First three days I lost about 5.5lbs (so assume it's water weight)

Next three days I lost about a half a lb - if even.

I could have lost the water weight by just drinking water so am really disappointed not to have lost more actual fat.

Also - started cruise today so I wouldn't crack up and I've been feeling sick since breakfast, head spinning and just, well, like pure crap

I really don't want to just throw in the towel after a week but I don't want to do any long term damage either.

Anybody experience anything like this at all? Any words of wisdom?

Just drinking water wouldn't be a long-term way of eating, this is! Six pounds in the first week sounds pretty good to me, and feeling bad often occurs when your body is going into ketosis but does go pretty quickly. You should find it a lot easier in Cruise, be proud that you got through Attack! Are you drinking plenty?

I lost 4lbs in 4 days attack and I had a lot more weight to lose so 6lb isnt bad going at all. I felt rough for a few days but soon got used to cruise and felt so much fitter and loads more energy. Im so glad I continued with Dukan

It sounds as though you've been weighing every day and though I'm fairly new to Dukan I wouldn't recommend doing that! When I did cambridge last year I weighed every day but more or less could count on at least a few ounces to have come off since you eat no food on that diet. Now I've started Dukan I've set 1 day for weigh-in and avoid the scales like the plague at all other times. Your weight can go up and down frequently throughout the week, I feel the only way to keep sane is to do it once a week.

Don't give up and stay off the evil scales aside from your weigh-in day :)

The only time I've felt crap was when I went off plan and had chocolate and crisps - the next day I felt like I had a hangover!

Dr Dukan actually recommends weighing yourself each day in attack, probably to reinforce that you are losing weight. If you are someone who has tried many different diets you'll probably get given a fairly long attack no matter how much you have to lose. He says it's because you are "resistant" to losing weight but I think it's to try and get you a good positive start and encourage you to stay on track.

Thanks for the replies folks, both practical and encouraging! I've spoken to a health professional who has put it down to hormones / lactation / very soon postpartum so I'm happy enough with that.. I've upped my vitamins and supplements for the time being. If I continue to feel sick however, I'll be stopping and restarting in a few months - hopefully the vitamins will take care of that though:D

anggrr, thanks for that, I didn't know that about the attack structure. I did write that I've been on two previous diets but both were after children and I was able to lose the weight and remain constant until pregnant again!

Anyway - will take it a day at a time, did PV yesterday and will do PP today and continue on..

Thanks again, you're all very helpful!

Just drinking water wouldn't be a long-term way of eating, this is! Six pounds in the first week sounds pretty good to me, and feeling bad often occurs when your body is going into ketosis but does go pretty quickly. You should find it a lot easier in Cruise, be proud that you got through Attack! Are you drinking plenty?

Lol - I meant that drinking water alongside eating normally would have shifted the water weight - not that I could survive on water alone :D

Thanks for the reply - I have been drinking well but will up it anyway to help with the hormental issues :D

and make sure you're eating enough protein... do you post menus?

Thanks for the replies folks, both practical and encouraging! I've spoken to a health professional who has put it down to hormones / lactation / very soon postpartum so I'm happy enough with that.. I've upped my vitamins and supplements for the time being. If I continue to feel sick however, I'll be stopping and restarting in a few months - hopefully the vitamins will take care of that though:D

anggrr, thanks for that, I didn't know that about the attack structure. I did write that I've been on two previous diets but both were after children and I was able to lose the weight and remain constant until pregnant again!

Anyway - will take it a day at a time, did PV yesterday and will do PP today and continue on..

Thanks again, you're all very helpful!

Hey WW, re: lactating are you actually actively breastfeeding? Then you should definitely not be dieting, certainly not doing attack. You could probably do Conso, but don't go any lower than that.

Attack can make you feel crap (including sick) after a few days, symptoms vary, and it will pass, but Jo's already said it - make sure you eat enough, and if you don't feel like it you might have to make yourself eat something. There is nothing to be gained by depriving your body of all nutrition, and you should never be hungry. If you are feeling peckish, have a yoghurt or a piece of chicken ;-)

Hey WW, re: lactating are you actually actively breastfeeding? Then you should definitely not be dieting, certainly not doing attack. You could probably do Conso, but don't go any lower than that.

No no, I weaned just before I started (last feed the previous day) but with all the high protein foods, I'm not drying up as I would normally, it usually only takes a couple of days yet here I am, over a week later and still producing :rolleyes:

Thanks very much for all your input and help lads, I appreciate it!

Back