Anyone been on Rosemary Conely plan?

*Trying-again*

Plodding on til its gone
Hi, not been on the site for a while as had a few health probs etc and sort of fell off the SW wagon.

Trying to get back on track with a weightloss plan but very confused whether to try slimming world again (not a class just at home again) or Rosemary Conely? Been reading that its poss to lose a stone in 4 weeks on RC but think it may be a bit restrictive compared to SW.

I need something uncomplicated and be able to eat enought o get me through an active job. Joined WW the other day as had free membership and first weigh in coupon but have quickly learnt that the 29 points allowed is not going to be enough. Bought a WW meal today and already that is 9 points out of the daily allowance then got to deduct milk etc.

Confused as to what plan to do.

Has anyone tried it and had any success?

There`s hardly any info about the plan on the Rosemary Conely website. Or what you get when you join in the way of books measuring stuff etc.

If I come back to Slimming world I wouldnt mind knowing a bit about extra easy as havnt done it before, does it work?

Sorry for all the questions just confused as to where to start with shifting this weight. I suffer from Pcos and sugar level probs so need to do something to not mske anything any worse.

Any info/ advice would be appreciated.

Karen x

For me there is only SW. No other way of eating compares with what it gives you.

I have never done EE. I am very happy with red and green days.

It is as easy or as complicated as you make it. You have an enormous choice of free foods. There is no need to be hungry. It is up to you.

There are no magic diets. The controlling factor in your weight loss, regardless of the diet you choose, is you and your own will power.

Good luck with whichever diet you decide to do.

I did RC many years ago from the books and my enduring memory is of absolutely miniscule portions and rather ropey recipes. SW all the way for me now! There is a thread all about EE you could read to find out if it would suit you. Good luck whatever you decide.

Hey. I mainly do EE as it fits in best with my life, and it works for me (when I actually stick to it :eek: )

As long as you remember you only get 1 of each HE, and need to have 1/3 super free with your meals, then you should be fine. Why not try it for a couple of weeks and see how you find it?

I don't go to class, done purely with books and minimins, so I'm bound to have got something in the above wrong :D

Rosemary Conley is basically calorie counting, and you do exercise in class. It's very possible to lose a stone in a month - because you eat 1,200 calories a day for two weeks, and then 1,400 calories a day for two weeks.

I found I was constantly hungry and constantly thinking about food, even though I lost weight well (2-3 pounds a week. Which, come to think of it, is pretty much the amount I'm losing on Slimming World, but without the hunger.)

It was a good diet though, and I liked the emphasis on exercise. I just couldn't stick to it because I got so bored of calorie counting, and I was hungry a lot.

I have lost all my weight so far on Slimming World following extra easy.

I did Rosemary Conley for 5 weeks and lost quite a lot of weight. But it's very restrictive, whilst SW is all about 'healthy eating' and 'sensible choices' i found RC to be a 'diet'. When i did it you had to look at the contents and you couldnt eat anything that had more than 5g of fat per 100g.

I did it years ago and lost weight really well but did find it hard to fit it in with my family and calorie counting has its drawbacks when u eat out or socialize.
I found that ww pro points after sticking to it for a few wks wasnt for me either and i actually gained 2 lbs. whereas before on their normal points plan i lost really well.
Im now doing sw at home and using this site for support as everyone is so lovely and I have got more confidence in what Im eating and cooking.
Someone I know is calorie counting and sticks to 1200-1400 cals a day and exercising and has lost 3 stone in 2 months but she is very active.
Jillian Michaels from the biggest loser advocates calorie counting along with proper nutrition so her website might be worth singing up to. She is very inspirational.
Good luck
xx

If you don't want to go back to SW, then try Myfitnesspal. It tracks calories for you. Just google.

Thanks everyone :)

Karen x

Good luck with whatever you decide to do Karen.

Hi, I`ve decided to give Slimming World another shot :)

I came to conclusion that all that calorie counting, weighing and measuring isnt for me so Ive had the food optimising book out today and had a bit of a read and so far today I`ve stuck to it. Had alot of free food today to thats a good start.

I think psycologically the fact you can eat so many things without faffing about with scales is the best plan for me. Just got to try and stick to it as much as poss.

Good luck everyone with your weighlossn :)

Karen x

Fillymum, how did you get a picture of me in your avatar he he

Easy, peasy............everyone knows you !!! Your picture is everywhere here lol, !!!
Hi, I`ve decided to give Slimming World another shot :)

I came to conclusion that all that calorie counting, weighing and measuring isnt for me so Ive had the food optimising book out today and had a bit of a read and so far today I`ve stuck to it. Had alot of free food today to thats a good start.

I think psycologically the fact you can eat so many things without faffing about with scales is the best plan for me. Just got to try and stick to it as much as poss.

Good luck everyone with your weighlossn :)

Karen x

I am so please Karen. It is the only diet have ever been truly happy with and if I am able to exercise enough will power, can eat out on this diet.

A girlfriend stayed at a Rosemary Conley health spar for her 50th birthday last year. She loved it and met Rosemary and said she was super but could not stick with the diet once she was at home and on her own.

I am sure you have made the right decision.
Good luck.

Thanks Fillymum, its good to be back on the plan x

Back