1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Anyone do Body Pump?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Prinzessin, 7 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Prinzessin

Prinzessin Shoe Queen!

Hi used to do this last year and have just started again at David Lloyd. Am doing 5-6 classes a week and 1-2 Legs ,bums and tums class ( not too keen on that one)
    Does anyone else do classes at their gym and what is good? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Melanie

Melanie Over half way to target

I used to do body pump - OMG it hurts so much afterwards!
    I just stick with the cardio stuff in the gym at the moment - classes are a bit much just now.

4. nexangelus

nexangelus Carpe diem, baby!

I do spin class 3 times per week (Mon, Weds, Fri) and weights and cardio the rest, with one hour per week (Tues) with personal trainer...

5. Sajane

Sajane Member

YEH i do BodyPump and i love it, a great workout!

I do Pump Tues eve, Step Wed, Boxercise Thurs and a gym cardio session either Sat or Sun. Unfortunately my gym doesn't do spinning :(

6. racqy-rooster

racqy-rooster Member

I don't do it every week, but found it is brilliant for toning.

I tend to do triple play and 20:20:20, thats what they call it at JJB. Mostly all on the step and includes weights.

7. totty

totty Personal Trainer

I am a HUGE fan of body pump :happy036:

8. nexangelus

nexangelus Carpe diem, baby!

Oh yeah I do boxercise on Sat mornings when I can and it rocks!

9. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Pump is fantastic. I do Pump, Combat, Attack, Balance and Jam but I'm in no position to tell you what is good and what isn't because I'm biased (I teach the classes). :D

Combat gives you a good all over cardio workout with lots of upper body stuff. Attack is more lower body and it's a real killer. Probably the best calorie burner of the lot. Jam (for me) is a close second for calorie burning and also the most fun - it's an hour of dancing like a mad thing. Balance is for flexibility and strength, and Pump for strength and endurance.

I used to be a Spinning addict and I went five times a week. :eek:

10. AnaVK

AnaVK Well-Known Member

I'm considering going into BodyPump but I'm not sure at the moment - the Les Mills website says you burn on average 600kcal per session, and whilst on LighterLife, I'm not even consuming 600kcal a day. Do you think I should give it a go, or see with my LL Counsellor first?