Anyone do SW online or on your own?

poppygirl

As opposed to going to a meeting? I've only just started sw for the first time and have been to one meeting. I did enjoy the meeting but was suprised at how long it lasted especially as I have a 30min walk home and don't get home until 9.30.

So I was thinking how about joining up on line-I'd either do the bronze or silver. Does anyone else do sw on-line and how do you find it?

I could do it by myself but like the idea of having access to the online site.

Any thoughts appreciated! Xxx

I'm doing it on my own, but if I could I would join up to do it online because I think it would be very useful to be able access the site but unfortunately my finances just won't let me at this point :(

I do slimming world alone. But I find this suits me best and thats the way I work I also study for a degree alone!!! But if I need support its here x

Hi Im doing it online -I find it really usefull -I went for the gold membership -but that was mainly because the magazines cost a bomb out here -so it worked out more economical ;) -Its my first try on SW and I paid for 3 months and my intention was that "IF" I took to it I would extend my membership to 1 year -I have enough to lose to make use of the time:p (cheaper than re-joining)...and 7 weeks in Im loving it..so I think that is what I will be doing:D

im doing it completely on my own with help from Minimins :D i would LOVE to be able to afford to go to a group or have online membership but sadly on a student budget its just not possible :( im managing just fine without membership, everything you need is available on Minimins especially if you make a lot of things from scratch.

i get so much love and support and encouragement from everyone on this forum that i really dont feel like im missing out on going to a group :) and im very grateful for this! thanks guys xxx

I'm doing it alone, with the support of this site. I did have a membership to the online site but realised for the last six weeks I only used it to check syns values. As I can get that information from the good peeps here I decided I couldn't justify spending £60 every three months so now am doing SW independently - with the support of this site.

If you have the books from your first meeting you don't nessecarily need the group - I find that a combination of this site, keeping a food diary and proper planning works for me.

Im doing it online and i find it very useful, the online food dairy is a great help. I only joined 2 weeks ago and im definitely going to carry on paying after my 3 months runs out.
Go for it :)

Hi,

I am a newbie and am doing it alone (although dont know where to start) and wondering whether to sign up online or not?

I joined online on saturday and i love it, Apart from once i joined realised there was no forums, However i came across this site not long after so now got best of both worlds. I got the gold membership which includes magazine supscripton and the books and three months membership. It works for me more than what i class would as my husband is in the army and i cant always get to class as he is away alot which leaves me with no one to have the kids. With that and being on here too i have all the faith that i will finally succeed in my weight battle.

I'm doing it with the help of the lovely people on here :D, a food directory and I buy the magazines too.

You will get fantastic advice and recipies (and some proper laughs) on here. :)

I'm going it alone as it will be a few weeks before I can get to class due to changes in my work pattern. However, I'm really pleased to have found this site as it gives you the support that you'd find in class.
Q

Yep- I'm an on-line girl too (in fact my 'success story' is being published on the bodyOptimise site on Monday- *screams with excitement*)
Done it for over 2 years now and love it- expecially looking at the progress page, reading the features, checking syn values and using the fit log for a real push with exercise. I also think the fact that I have paid up front makes me more inclined to stick with it- sooooo tempting to skip class after a bad week, but on-line you have paid beforehand so may as well carry on.

I couldn't join a class as my work takes me away from home a lot, but like others have said, I get my 'class' support on here

Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I used to go to the meetings until my work hours changed and I ran out of money :( seems to be going okay on my own so far though!

Congrats Cocktail Princess, on getting your success story published. Well done.

Q

Yep- I'm an on-line girl too (in fact my 'success story' is being published on the bodyOptimise site on Monday- *screams with excitement*)
Done it for over 2 years now and love it- expecially looking at the progress page, reading the features, checking syn values and using the fit log for a real push with exercise. I also think the fact that I have paid up front makes me more inclined to stick with it- sooooo tempting to skip class after a bad week, but on-line you have paid beforehand so may as well carry on.

I couldn't join a class as my work takes me away from home a lot, but like others have said, I get my 'class' support on here

Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OOOOOOOO that is exciting ~ well done you
x

I am doing it by myself...with the help of minimins of course. I used to go to a class but it wasn't for me. It was about 2 hours long of sitting in a circle and having everyone's weight read out. It was like that every week. I find much more value in this board than the group I attended. I can't afford to do it online either but I'm trying my best to do it without the SW website.

I did do SW online, but my subscription ran out, so am now doing it on my own, as I have all the stuff. I was only really paying for the online syn calculator and really dont think that is worth what they charge. I think the website is huge need of a redesign, as it is so overpriced for what is on it.

I hope they bring out some sort of iphone app or even a handheld syns calculator would be good. I can't see the latter ever being available though :(.

As opposed to going to a meeting? I've only just started sw for the first time and have been to one meeting. I did enjoy the meeting but was suprised at how long it lasted especially as I have a 30min walk home and don't get home until 9.30.

So I was thinking how about joining up on line-I'd either do the bronze or silver. Does anyone else do sw on-line and how do you find it?

I could do it by myself but like the idea of having access to the online site.

Any thoughts appreciated! Xxx

I dont go to meetings or online i bought the books from ebay and use the very very helpful people here and i am on my thrid week already lost 12.5llbs so you have an amazing bundle of support here and you have your books etc give it a go you can always go back to the meetings if it doesnt work? :D

Back