anyone doing fit for life on here?

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by lulum1986, 10 January 2010.

1. lulum1986

lulum1986 Well-Known Member

Is anyone doing fit for life??

For the people who dont know what it is. Its only fruit and water up untill 12pm then lunch and dinner you either carbs and veg together or meat and veg together but not the full combination. But what im going to do is meat and veg always and no carbs. I done this diet before and lost 9lbs in 2 weeks and i should of carried it on.

Any fancy trying it?
  2. Just Peachy

Just Peachy Slowly But Surely

I used to be on it and lost a little bit of weight but it didn't work out for me, I have a crazy appetite in the morning and I'd get headaches from not eating enough. It's similar to what I'm doing now which is high protein low carb (or good carbs) so it's along those lines really.

Good luck to you :)
  3. lulum1986

lulum1986 Well-Known Member

what diet is it? or whats a typical day for you?
  4. Just Peachy

Just Peachy Slowly But Surely

I basically keep track of everything I eat in a journal so I can see what I did well and what I didn't. I'm learning to eat slowly, and to eat normal people portions. I've looked all of them up. I have more protein than carbs, or I have good carbs.

I've always eaten well, I like good food. It's just that I ate too much of it. So I make sure there's real protein in two of my three meals a day (lean meat, chicken, eggs, beans, etc) and I stay avoid from anything like bacon or sausages. I don't eat anything with more than 4g or fat or sugar a portion, I've changed everything to light such as skim milk, very light butter, extra virgin oil, whole wheat pasta and bread, light yoghurts etc. Tons of fruit and veg which I can have as much as I want.

I just try to keep it balanced, I can have snacks when I want to. Only a small glass of juice if I really fancy it, 8 glasses of water a day, tea and herbal tea.

Basically, I've just constructed a diet around what I know works for me and what is healthy. It's a little bit of everything I've tried before and think is right. I've also realised how much I ate with emotions and I think now before and while I eat. If I get hungry, I wait and see if I'm still hungry in the next half hour. Trying to distinguish real hunger from the emotional one.

I also try to walk as much as I can and just started jogging again- felt great!

Hope that works, I took a lot of it from fit for life actually, the portioning and what not. Hopefully that was somehow helpful.