Anyone doing the No S Diet?

krupskaya

Gold Member
Anyone? The no s diet in a nutshell is 'no snacks, no sweets, no seconds except for days beginning with 's''

Basically you eat three square meals a day and cut out all snacking inbetween meals. You also ditch desserts and seconds. Then on Saturday and Sunday you can snack and eat desserts and have seconds if you want them.

The theory is that the obesity crisis is a result of people grazing all day inbetween meals. On average, the amount of calories in main meals has actually reduced in recent years but the overall calories have increased because of constant snacking. The author says that people in France and other european countries do not have the obesity crisis we do in the UK and the United States because of the cultural norm of only eating at mealtimes.

It's fascinating stuff, check out the link below for further info

Everyday Systems :: View Forum - No S Diet General Discussion

I'd be interested to know if anyone has had success with it.

it depends what your problem is.for me, i rarely snack or have dessert - but i used to eat massive portions of pasta, bread etc. also - i would take crazy advantage of the weekend free-for-all.

a lot of successful dieting is knowing what your weaknesses are. but i bet this would work for some people.

That's really interesting.
I think the thing is with those countries you mentioned is that there is a culture of eating healthily too. The meditteranean diet is incredibly healthy. My friend spent a month in Italy last summer and lost a lot of weight by adopting their way of eating. I think there was a study done where the meditteranean diet is the healthiest, it's very well balanced.

I did the no s diet for a while, I loved it, I think it's a great way to eat, but I found weekends v hard and overindulged and didn't lose wright as a result. I'm doing ww now I might incorporate the two?

Back