Anyone else constantly weigh themselves?

C Millan

Evening all :)
Was wondering if anyone else constantly weighs themselves? I know we aren't supposed to but I weight myself at least 3 times a day! I know I shouldn't buy I can't help myself.
X

*Shine Bright Like A Diamond*

I was weighing every day, only once mind, but all it was doing was getting me down. The weight may fluctuate over a 7 day period and its always noticeable when it goes up, but you wont see the full loss for the week, only whats happened for the last day or 2. Stop it young lady. You have been told. lol. ;-)

I dont even have scales in the house! my sister recently lost 5 stone on slimming world and went from a size 18 to size 8 (she's very petite) and she weighs herself all the time like several times a day... sometimes i think she's so afraid of putting it all back on!

Does it help, really? I mean, if you weigh on a day and find you have put on weight, is it possible to then get the weight back down before weigh in day, without doing potential harm? I pretty much have the attitude of "if im down by Friday(weigh day) then awesome, but i dont want to worry about it, until Friday".

I weigh myself every day as well. If I see a relative gain I am very careful to make sure I get enough superfree, but I don't restrict syns. It's working so far :)

I don't think I could cope waiting 7 days!

i'm a frequent weigher too and it drives me crazy but i still do it, it helps keep me on track though if i see they aren't moving. :)

I am an every day weigher too. I find it helps me, cos if Im down in weight then it helps me to feel brilliant and good about myself. But if Im up in weight, then it helps me to be strickter all through that day. (well thats my theory anyway)

I am doing the same! Every time I go to the bathroom I just can not help it!

put the scales in a cupboard, with stuff on top of them, or tucked behind stuff, so that its a little bit if an effort to take them out. I actually do agree that having a check every now and again is ok, but constant weighing wont allow you the benefit of feeling bigger losses. I lost 3lb last week, but if i had weighed daily it would have felt like it was not enough when noticed at a lb at a time.

I am also awful for doing this. My scales are very noisy and I have to creep them out quietly so as to not alert people in the house I am weighing myself... again. I feel like I'm secretly eating cake in the bathroom. I must stop it, I must.

Phelpsyxx......
I am EXACTLY the same!!!
Totally secret weigh in! Trying not to bang the scales on the floor in fear everyone will hear!!!

Ah.

I tend to weigh at least every morning...if it's not looking good I tend to get alot stricter and drop some syns before next weigh in. Probably not ideal. But it works for me so far.
I don't wish to be doing it forever though!
Hopefully when and if I get to target ...I won't be so obsessed-ha! Xx

Me me me i weigh myself constantly but im going to try and not get weighed until every monday as i seem to cheat more. If im doing well i add extra treats however if im not loosing i think ah sod it ive not lost anyway so add treats!! Just my opinion though it may help others stay on track :)

I do this too, and it helps me be a bit more focused. If it goes up, then I just work that little bit harder, doing exercise, or giving up the fizzy juice! I know its probarly a bad thing, but I feel it helps.

I used to think this was not healthy to weigh constantly then I stopped n never weighed and that's worse. I'm going to weigh plenty but try not to be obsessive

from fat to skinny jeans

I work in a medical environment and there are scales everywhere and I feel so guilty if someone catches me sneaking into a room to use them!

I agree it's not healthy and my husband has told me to stop doing it but I can't seem to.

I weigh in on a Tuesday night, and up to Friday it doesn't bother me if there's not much movement. I don't work weekends so I don't have access to the scales but on Monday I do get downhearted if I can't see an improvement.

It doesn't affect how I eat though as I'm pretty good at sticking to plan anyway.

The funny thing is that the scales at work are all in kg and even after conversion to stones there is still a discrepancy with the SW scales so I don't know why I even bother!! :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

iv been addicted to weighing myself every day twice a day for over a year, cant stop :(

I step on the scales every morning. I found if I don't I kid myself and over eat :(

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back