Anyone else get hot flushes?

Ibizamad

Loving losing
Hi All
Just wondered if anyone else gets hot flushes on CD. On day 5 but have had quite a few where my head just wants to explode with heat and face goes red. Maybe it is just my advancing age...LOL :)
I have also felt cold too, but know that is normal!
Would love to hear if anyone else has felt the same in the early stages.
Thanks!

Can't say I've had any hot flushes-although I have had one or two of the 'head exploding' moments where I feel like there's pressure in my head and it feels like it's going to burst. It soon passes though.

i have gone all red in the face and feel stuffy -- i have treated it with a glass of water (thinking i might be dehydrated) -- afterwards i feel much better.

btw, sparkles -- thx for your reply on the other thread re:dizziness!

I dont get hot flushes but I do feel cold all the time. I also get very itchy legs and need to take Piriton. I joined in a thread about this January time. I actually draw blood scratching my legs and they come out with little bumps under the skin.

Thanks for all your replies, maybe I am normal after all!
Really chuffed, sorry gobsmacked, as just been to the cinema and DIDN'T have popcorn or the usual BIG bag or Minstrels. :)
Saw Marley and Me, so cute but glad I took a tissue!:(

I dont get hot flushes but I do feel cold all the time. I also get very itchy legs and need to take Piriton. I joined in a thread about this January time. I actually draw blood scratching my legs and they come out with little bumps under the skin.

Blimey!! I've been scratching at my legs for the past few days wondering what on earth is the matter with me/them!! x

Yeah, like I said, i either started or joined in a thread around february time about the same thing. Seems to be quite common. I need to find out if its just the chocolate shakes (and choc mint) that do it to me as it seems worse then. On this note, I am taking anti-histamine tablets to ease it - can anyone tell me if these are ok on the diet or will they effect my ketosis?

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I do get the most appalling hot flushes (I'm menopausal, which is why)! My doctor suggested that I take Citalopram, which is normally used as an anti-depressant - and it works absolute wonders for me. It's not for everyone though, some people turn zombie-like (my hubby did when he tried them).

My hot flushes were so bad that I used to get panic attacks when I got one (I even passed out a couple of times) and the Citalopram sorts that out too. Many GPs don't know about using it for hot flushes (says my doctor) so just putting it forward as a suggestion for anyone who may be getting bad ones.

By the way, if you ARE on the menopause, do come and join my 'Menopausal Maniacs' group - see link below! :D

Back