Anyone else giving up something for Lent?

Mom2Ben

I've decided to give up chocolate, sweets, biscuits and cake for Lent....anyone else doing the same? Thought I could do with some support :)

I'm absolutely not giving ANYTHING up for lent!!!! Ive been on a diet for two years. Gave up drinking (except for medicinal baileys) three years ago. Quit smoking 7 months ago. All I have left to give up is broccoli and water PMSL

Just realised that's not very supportive lol. ;) I really could do with giving up sugar but my willpowers a bit thin right now. It's evil stuff tho!!! You'll feel so much better without it.

Haha - I've never given up anything for Lent before and I have become way too addicted to chocolate etc so thought it would be a good time to try live without it :)

Pmsl logomom at yr first reply, so funny lol.
I'm giving up bread for lent, never done it before. First time for everything x

mcv said:
Pmsl logomom at yr first reply, so funny lol.
I'm giving up bread for lent, never done it before. First time for everything x

Yup going to do the same! And go from 1 sugar in tea to none. Oooh yea hardcore me lol

I'm going to try give up chocolate and save a fortune! x

I tried to give up alcohol in January and that lasted 2 weeks, so how I'll manage giving anything up until Easter, I don't know!

I thought I might try giving up something that's bad but I don't actually eat a lot of, that way I might actually succeed at giving it up. So, after careful consideration I'm giving up pastry. I couldn't give up crisps or chocolate or booze entirely...so pastry it is.

HellieCopter said:
I tried to give up alcohol in January and that lasted 2 weeks, so how I'll manage giving anything up until Easter, I don't know!

I thought I might try giving up something that's bad but I don't actually eat a lot of, that way I might actually succeed at giving it up. So, after careful consideration I'm giving up pastry. I couldn't give up crisps or chocolate or booze entirely...so pastry it is.

When does lent start/begin? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Starts today (Ash Wednesday) and ends at Easter.
There are two ways of doing Lent as well - some say you fast for 40 days...which means having Sundays off! And others say you go straight through...which technically makes it 46 days.
Depends on what you want to do, and whether you're religious or not I suppose.

I'm not religious so I'm not giving things up for that reason, it's just a convenient milestone and something lots of people are also doing, so it's motivation in numbers!

I am not really that religious but I find it easier to stick to things if I set a challenge, I also feel stronger at the end of it for achieving something and helps me stay on track with other things in my life for a while after might sound silly but I find achieving makes me a more able and confident person because I can believe in myself as able, sorry bit deep and off subject, but I defo find it helpful

I don't mean to be disrespectful but how long is lent? Wondering how long i could give up takeaway lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm giving up caviar ha ha x

Haha Legomom! I had the same convo with my hubby last night. We stopped drinking a couple of years ago and packed in smoking a year ago. I'm not giving chocolate up..... But .... After watching The Brits last night, I have decided to give up Blur. They where rubbish!!

Back