Anyone else Gluten Free/ Paleo?

Newtaly

Hello!
I'm just on my first week of joining SW, weigh in is on Thursday so fingers crossed.

For the last 4 years I've also stuck to a Gluten Free diet and more recently trying to go Paleo due to bloating and feeling tired.

Before I joined SW I did a bit of research and it seemed people weren't that impressed with the GF options on SW. Although I'm not really sure why as I've kind of eaten like a queen all week.

I totally avoid bread, even the gluten substitute types as they're calorific. (I recently found out that a Warburtons GF seeded sandwich wrap was 11.5 syns!) I'm mainly using my HEAb for cooking with olive and coconut oil (I'm not totally sold on the chemicals in Fry lite) and I've been substituting sweetener in recipes for syn free agave syrup.

I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same position?

Hey. I'm starting gluten free and paleo as soon as. I'm so bloated and fat. So much to lose. Perhaps we could help each other? (Or more you to help me lol)

Found this post via google. Forgot I was a member. :).

Welcome! I still haven't found anyone else yet. Glad to have someone else on board. I've been at it for about 5weeks now and just got my half stone award last night :)

Congrats on your loss so far. I can't offer any first hand experience as I'm not currently following SW but I do have a good friend doing "low carb/paleo-ish" using mostly red days and a bit of extra easy and I think she's finding it fairly straight forward. Good luck.

Hi I'm gluten free on SW I use the bfree wraps as heb I tried a gf bread this week but I'm not feeling it !! I have some paleo ways but since Monday on this plan I brought potato back in my diet - glad you mentioned agave nectar as syn free I shall definitely trying that in replace of sweetner as I don't like using it x x

I don't think agave is syn-free. According to the SW website it's either 1/2 or 1 syn per teaspoon, depending on brand (basically the same as sugar).

Last edited:
Yep agave syrup is definitely 0.5-1 syn per teaspoon sorry but at least it's healthier than sweetener. I won't touch the stuff with a barge pole. Too many links to illnesses for me

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back