Anyone else got 7+ stone to lose and find its coming off very slow?

raquelscatt

I started my SW journey (for about the 4th time!) over six months ago and have only managed to lose 22lbs. I still have about 7 stones to lose.

I am getting very dispondant at the moment as however hard I try (and I do the diet properly,) I can't seem to shift more than 1lb a week. The weeks I exercise, I gain weight so have given up on the exercise for the time being.:(

I am fed up of hearing, atleast its coming off in the right direction, slow and steady wins the race, blah, blah!

I don't know what else I can do and am seriously considering throwing in the towel, I am well fed up now!

raquelscatt said:
I started my SW journey (for about the 4th time!) over six months ago and have only managed to lose 22lbs. I still have about 7 stones to lose.

I am getting very dispondant at the moment as however hard I try (and I do the diet properly,) I can't seem to shift more than 1lb a week. The weeks I exercise, I gain weight so have given up on the exercise for the time being.:(

I am fed up of hearing, atleast its coming off in the right direction, slow and steady wins the race, blah, blah!

I don't know what else I can do and am seriously considering throwing in the towel, I am well fed up now!

I don't understand why you're considering throwing in the towel if you're still loosing weight on a weekly basis :confused: you didn't put it on overnight so it's not going to come off overnight!! Yeah we all wanna loose weight quickly and wake up 'skinny' but it ain't gonna happen!

You're annoyed at how slowly you're loosing it but just think how annoyed you'll be when you throw in the towel and wake up a stone heavier!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Hiya hun, so far iv lost 7stone 6lbs and have 5lbs more until I get to target and it has taken me 2 years, so fairly slow, I also find that if I exercise I gain weight. Have you tried just doing red and green days thats what works for me, I hope this helps :)

I have almost lost 7 stone & have 2.5 stone to go until target. The 1st 6 stone was pretty easy for me (sorry) but in the last 3 months I've lost 10.5lbs, rather disappointing but I'm getting there.

Keep up the exercise, if you only do it sporadically it will not help your losses/may causes gains but long term it will help.

That's still a pound a week so it's not THAT slow, although I understand we all want it to be faster. I'm still over 19 stone so God knows how may I've still got to lose, I dont really have an end goal, I just want it to go down. Over 8 stone gone so far and its slowed down since the beginning yeah but its still GONE, however bloody slow it is my life is infinitely better than it was a year ago! If we jacked it in now we'd all be back to 'a year ago' in 2 or 3 months. :confused:

I know its not the answer you want to hear but its not just magically going to go away just because we moan about it (I mean all of us, not just you in particular), so unless you have a medical condition limiting it the only way to make it go away is to slog on and do it yourself. The only way is eating healthier and exercise (Im yet to get my ass round to the latter myself so I have excuse if my loss is slow, I could always try harder :rolleyes: )

How about posting a food diary and then people might be able to point out things you've overlooked, or recommend ideas you might not have thought of?

You'll get there x :)

Hi, I have 7 stone to lose in total. I started 27th Jan and have lost 2st 1ib. I think if your not satisfied with the weight your losing, you need to look at what your eating and how much your eating.

Are you eating enough fibre? Simple ways of doing this is, skins on potatoes. Sweet potatoes have 3 times more fibre than normal potatoes. Brown pasta, brown rice.

Make sure you doing a plate of thirds. One third protein, one third crabs, one third superfree.

Watch your portion size! S lot of people will tell you that you can est as much free food as you like. While that is true for the majority of us, some of us jst cannot lose well, while eating loads of carbs. I am one of those people. I have thyroid probs and if I eat a lot of carbs, o gain weight.

I always eat all my syns. I use at least a third for ingredients for my cooking so its tasty.

Variety is essential. Try out new things, new recipes. Mix it up.

Try red days or a mix of red and green.

Also if you give up, even though your losing, your sabotaging yourself. Is gaining weight really an option? You need to suck it up.

Your actually doing really well, and being too hard on yourself. You need to take a good long, honest look at yourself, and see what you can do to possibly improve it.

Also one of my own flaws I have had to knock on the head, is stop making excuses! I can't do it because...its to hard because..I want to give up because...

This is a lifestyle change, your in this for the long haul. Easy going on hard coming off. Stay commited. Remind yourself of your goals.

Be strong!

You CAN do it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Have you been to the doctor to make sure you dont have any medical conditions such as underactive thyroid? as these if untreated can either massively slow weight loss or cause weight gain.

I only say this because you seem adament you are sticking to the diet 100% so maybe you have another underlying problem?

Best of luck

PS one thing is for sure if you arent watching what you eat it will go back up and noone wants that hon just remember that before you give up, small losses are better than gains!

When I started I have 6.5 stone to lose, i now have 3 stone left to lose, 3 years later (i did have a 6 month or so break in the middle), i'm lucky if i lose more than 0.5 or 1lb a week. SW aims for you to lose 1 to 2lb, just cos some people lose bigger doesn't mean everyone does. Some people are slower than others. My PCOS doesn't help cos it causes Insulin Resistance, but its still slowly coming off. Some people don't lose anything so just be happy with what you are losing, if you jack it in you will probably never get to the weight you want to be, if you stick with it you will get there eventually

I'm a pound off losing 7 stone and started nearly 2 years ago. Losses have really slowed up recently but I'm still chipping away. Don't look at the bigger picture so much or focus on your end target. Think about how much better your life will be when you've lost 3 stone, or 5 stone. That will come round in no time if you stick at it.

I started getting major compliments after 3 stone which spurs you on, I've still got 2 stone to lose but I feel amazing. You just have to stick with it - surely going back is not an option?

As everyone says, just stick with it. I know its hard when its not going how you want but there are many reasons why this could be.

Maybe do a food diary and pop it on here. Also maybe put an average day into a calorie counter website as a guide and see how close you are to the cals you should be having to lose weight (myfitnesspal does this I think?) , you may be having too many or too little. Red or green are good for limiting this since you have to measure your extras on those.

Personally I find it works on extra easy well, as I don't have a huge appetite so a fairly small portion will do me and I have stopped snacking between meals (other than fruit) but some people could easily overeat on free and superfree food so that's something to consider. Maybe buy a smaller plate to cut portions down?

Main thing is though to keep at it, there are loads of people on here who have kept at it when having slow losses and reached goal. Giving up will help no one xxx

Thank you! This thread has given me hope as I was on the verge of chucking it in or having a bit of a breather. I have decided to drop EE for the time being and do mainly Green with the odd EE when I need to have a more flexible day. Everyone seems to slow down but at least it is staying off. Sometimes we need to celebrate the small victories even more x

Thanks for the advice guys! I know you are right and no, I don't want to go back.

Its weigh in at class later so I'll see the damage then, have a chat to my consultant (who is the best!) and maybe look at doing some green days next week for a change!!

Just need to get my head around the exercise bit now. I have a gym membership going to waste!

Silvermaneuk said:
Hi, I have 7 stone to lose in total. I started 27th Jan and have lost 2st 1ib. I think if your not satisfied with the weight your losing, you need to look at what your eating and how much your eating.

Are you eating enough fibre? Simple ways of doing this is, skins on potatoes. Sweet potatoes have 3 times more fibre than normal potatoes. Brown pasta, brown rice.

Make sure you doing a plate of thirds. One third protein, one third crabs, one third superfree.

Watch your portion size! S lot of people will tell you that you can est as much free food as you like. While that is true for the majority of us, some of us jst cannot lose well, while eating loads of carbs. I am one of those people. I have thyroid probs and if I eat a lot of carbs, o gain weight.

I always eat all my syns. I use at least a third for ingredients for my cooking so its tasty.

Variety is essential. Try out new things, new recipes. Mix it up.

Try red days or a mix of red and green.

Also if you give up, even though your losing, your sabotaging yourself. Is gaining weight really an option? You need to suck it up.

Your actually doing really well, and being too hard on yourself. You need to take a good long, honest look at yourself, and see what you can do to possibly improve it.

Also one of my own flaws I have had to knock on the head, is stop making excuses! I can't do it because...its to hard because..I want to give up because...

This is a lifestyle change, your in this for the long haul. Easy going on hard coming off. Stay commited. Remind yourself of your goals.

Be strong!

You CAN do it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Fantastic advice there!
I've lost 9 stones and I'll have been going to SW 4 years in June so yeah it's coming off pretty slowly, sometimes I don't get a loss even when I should, and I have to watch what I eat constantly otherwise I gain weight. BUT, as frustrating as it is, what's the alternative? I don't want to go back to weighing over 20 stones for sure, so I have to keep plodding on. I know I'm going to have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life, unfortunately I'm not a lucky person who can eat anything they like and stay slim, nor am I going to wake up tomorrow morning and have lost the 3.5 stones I need to get to target. But, you know, life's good, I can shop in 'normal' stores for clothes now, I am a lot more mobile and healthy, my sex life's a helluva lot better (oops did I say that out loud? Lol!) and I no longer hate my reflection - I don't LOVE it though, that'll take a lot longer than 4 years lol! So. Keep at it, you're doing amazing and I bet you look wonderful. Slowly slowly catchee monkey - you'll get there in the end!
Good luck!

Back