Anyone else in Belgium?

Minimym

Hi I'm Minimym and have recently moved to Belgium. I am target member but I had to leave my lovely group as I moved over here. :sigh: I'm hoping that by registering on this site, I will get some more ideas and support from you all. I was also hoping that some of you are in Belgium so we can swap
the Syns value of things over here like the chocolates or the so many different kind of beers. LOL:D

Love

Minimym!

Hi Debs

sorry for the late reply....been a bit busy lately. I'm in West Flanders, the other side of Belgium, not so far from Brugge. I joined last year in May and stopped going to group at the end of February this year as we were moving here. I am still in target but the upper end of it so I have decided to restart on my own as although I am a target member I have lost the access of the websites and the app which are both great and very useful. Finding the simple Flemish diet easy for the SW rules but it can be boring at times unless you go for the chips and all the different kind of stews you get over here and the chocolates... oh and Leuven does an amazing Belgium waffle!

A little tip would be to have all the syns of your favourite food written down so you can refer to them if and when needed and have you recipes printed out. There are a lot of things you can get over here as well like the Belvita's, Kellog's, Oats etc....but fresh pastuerised milk might be an issue however I do think you have an Albert Heijn superstore in Leuven and they sell our milk. Salad cream is very hard to get hold of, and if you can you will pay the price, so with HP sauce and Cheddar cheese but there are happy alternatives.

Anyway, hope to stay in touch and write soon XXX

Back