anyone else loving jamie oliver 15 mins meals, healthy style

rach1987

hi there just wondering if anyone else is in love with jamie olivers 15 mins meals gone healthy? and whats ur fav, likeing the idea of guilt free popadoms in the micro , wonder how many syns x

my boyfriends loving it! we're going to try the blackbean burgers tomorrow... he's got some naughty rolls ill either use a wholemeal pitta or go bunless depending how i feel

hi there just wondering if anyone else is in love with jamie olivers 15 mins meals gone healthy? and whats ur fav, likeing the idea of guilt free popadoms in the micro , wonder how many syns x

Just as an aside - not seen the 15 minute meals - if you get prawn cracker discs (uncooked) from a Chinese supermarket ir such, you can do them in the micro - no deep frying! Makes them low fat, but they do taste slightly more 'prawny'

Are these lower calorie than the 30 minute meals - I loved them.

Lexie_dog said:
Just as an aside - not seen the 15 minute meals - if you get prawn cracker discs (uncooked) from a Chinese supermarket ir such, you can do them in the micro - no deep frying! Makes them low fat, but they do taste slightly more 'prawny'

This sounds great!! Do you know how many cals the cracker discs are? Xx

I have really enjoyed watching this series. Nearly all the recipes can be tweaked to make them SW friendly - he does tend to be a little bit heavy-handed with the oil, but the meals are for four people. What I love is the way that every meal he makes in this series has loads of vegetables or salad, with really interesting combinations - lots and lots of superfree!

I have tweaked and tried a few. But agreed portion are small, particularly the meat quantity. I cook for the whole family - hubby, 18yr son, 16yr daughter, and me. The last one I cooked I doubled the meat and the rice!

I think he has some really good recipe ideas but he annoys me so much. The way he talks when he is cooking really gets to me.

His food and his principles, he works so hard at the healthy eating thing, he has helped so many youngsters find a worthwhile career Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Cornwall, Watergate Bay, Cornwall are fantastic and I admire all that he has done. I just can not watch or listen to him............now reading his recipes that is a different matter.

Bought my Mam the book as part of her christmas prezzies as she loved the tv show!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think he has some really good recipe ideas but he annoys me so much. The way he talks when he is cooking really gets to me.

His food and his principles, he works so hard at the healthy eating thing, he has helped so many youngsters find a worthwhile career Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Cornwall, Watergate Bay, Cornwall are fantastic and I admire all that he has done. I just can not watch or listen to him............now reading his recipes that is a different matter.

I have to agree with you there, my boyfriend loves him but he winds me up, the other night he was talking and said ''give it a bit of a flippy whip'' or something along those lines.... might have been shakey wake and it just really wound me up

There is a Jamie's Italian in Birmingham if your ever there you should check it out!!! tis good :)

You may find him annoying but this clip is comedy gold a must see ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NXLw_FRZno

I do enjoy this show - and as mentioned, that he has worked with a nutritionist to get the calories down on his menus. Very good!!!

My husband and I are treating it like a cooking class. Many of them can be made very low syn, or even free. I add extra veg to increase the superfree part.

Example: Gorgeous Greek Chicken with Herby Vegetable Couscous & Tzatziki - Add roasted veg. I did a tray of peppers, white onions and courgette. Pretty big pieces, and some oregano, and sprayed w fry-light. Roasted up pretty quick!

The recipe is on his site, but I don't think minimins will allow me to link to it!

My husband and I are treating it like a cooking class. Many of them can be made very low syn, or even free. I add extra veg to increase the superfree part.

Example: Gorgeous Greek Chicken with Herby Vegetable Couscous & Tzatziki - Add roasted veg. I did a tray of peppers, white onions and courgette. Pretty big pieces, and some oregano, and sprayed w fry-light. Roasted up pretty quick!

The recipe is on his site, but I don't think minimins will allow me to link to it!

I got my mam the book as part of her Xmas prezzie- love that chicken and cous cous!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I got the book for Christmas but I don't have all that equipment.and don't know what some of it is. Where, for example, do you get a hob to oven frying pan ?

I got the book for Christmas but I don't have all that equipment.and don't know what some of it is. Where, for example, do you get a hob to oven frying pan ?

It's just a frying pan which can be used in the oven and on the hob... we have one made out of cast iron or something, we use it for omelettes and got it from aldi, its great!

Back