Anyone else not lose the stone a month?

loved-up

Is determined and focused
I was just wondering really if there were any other slow losers on exante?

My losses seem to be a bit slower than the 'average', though to be fair my initial losses were very good. I did lose over a stone in my first month, but now I'm into the last week of my second month (week 12) and there's no way I'm going to make it to a stone this month!

I guess if I'm honest I'm a teeny bit disappointed :eek: though don't get me wrong I'm very happy on this diet and I'm going to keep going for as long as it takes, and I am very happy to have lost 2.5 st....I wouldn't have lost that on any other diet:D I suppose it's not surprising really as I can't do any exercise at all, and also if the average is a stone a month then some will lose more and some will lose less.....I just hope I don't end up lagging too far behind:p

Hi darcy, thanks for answering, though I'm sorry you're in the same boat too:hug99:

Isn't it funny how this diet works so differently for everyone? I did think as it was so controlled it would be a regular steady weightloss you know?:confused::rolleyes::p

Do you find it demotivates you a bit or do you just ignore it and carry on?

I don't lose anywhere near a stone per month unfortunately. I do lose a lot in my first week though (18lbs the first time, and 10.5lbs the second time) which kinda helps balance things out.
I also know that there's no way I'd reliably lose 7-10lbs in a month doing any other diet, because I'm too weak-willed to be consistent. So for now, I'm happy to plod on just losing whatever I can on Exante.

Someone recently posted something that made a lot of sense to me about following a VLCD. It was something along the lines of 'I can only be responsible for my efforts, the results are out of my hands'

Obviously it's hard when you're 100% and only lose half a pound or whatever, but as long as you're sticking to the packs, and drinking enough water, there really is very little you can do to speed things along. I try to remind myself of that when I'm having a big sulk after weigh in!!!
x

I don't lose a stone a month either. Always do well on my first month but after that no way do I ever lose a stone a month. Quite disappointing :(

Hi darcy, thanks for answering, though I'm sorry you're in the same boat too:hug99:

Isn't it funny how this diet works so differently for everyone? I did think as it was so controlled it would be a regular steady weightloss you know?:confused::rolleyes::p

Do you find it demotivates you a bit or do you just ignore it and carry on?

Tricky to answer that really.

Mostly I just get on with it, and think that a loss is a loss.

I do get upset sometimes when I read of weekly losses of 19 pounds and such!!! :eek:

Weight loss is a complex thing. Because I am so short I will always find it harder - I need fewer calories to just stay alive, so calorie deficit even on a VLCD is not that great.

Despite my loss so far, I have really only dropped one dress size and my measurements are not that different either.

I plan to stick with it to the bitter end though..................but, it is going to take much longer than I had ever anticipated! :)

Don't think I will either, I've done same amount of time as you and lost same amount of weight. Unless something dramatic happens between now and end of month (which is highly unlikely!) then it won't be a stone this month, although it was the first two.

Alex_1978 said:
Someone recently posted something that made a lot of sense to me about following a VLCD. It was something along the lines of 'I can only be responsible for my efforts, the results are out of my hands'

Love that it's so true might steal it :)

Do you guys add a meal? I dont see amws very often on your signatures. Would it help if you added a meal occasionally? Restart the metabolism?

Re Slow weight loss: At least you are losing. I stuck to WW diet one time and ended up heavier at the end of the week. THAT was bad!!! Gave up.

Belle

Do you guys add a meal? I dont see amws very often on your signatures. Would it help if you added a meal occasionally? Restart the metabolism?

Re Slow weight loss: At least you are losing. I stuck to WW diet one time and ended up heavier at the end of the week. THAT was bad!!! Gave up.

Belle

Hi Belle

I don't do the add a meal, no. I have thought about it, but the honest truth is I am afraid.

I have never been in control around food until now. I worry that if I once start I will never get back.

I love the simplicity of TS. No choices other than the flavour of soup for the day!

Clearly I will have to eat again at some point, and need to plan that carefully.

I think I might have a meal on Sunday and see how that goes :)

Hi Darcy. I can understand your fear. I did LT some years ago and lost well for 10 weeks. Then I did add a meal (well it was a total blow out) and that was that. i simply couldnt get back on the diet. This time I am adding a meal every saturday and so far its been a lot easier cos i am being careful to comply with the rules -low carb etc. I dont think you have anything to fear if you stick to low carb and low cal. It wont knock you out of ketosis.

Belle

Thanks Belle

Ok, plan is to eat on Sunday! Will cook something tasty and healthy. Quite looking forward to it now! :)

Thanks guys:hug99: sorry that there's so many in the same boat though

I am surprised to see so many that don't manage the stone a month, I guess that it's the big losers that are more memorable:p I mean that in the nicest possible way:D

I don't think there's much more I can do to up my losses, I do aam/ws day every so often, so I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get on with it:p:D

I hope you all have some super speedy weightloss, I'm sending speedy vibes to you:vibes:

I was just wondering really if there were any other slow losers on exante?

My losses seem to be a bit slower than the 'average', though to be fair my initial losses were very good. I did lose over a stone in my first month, but now I'm into the last week of my second month (week 12) and there's no way I'm going to make it to a stone this month!

I guess if I'm honest I'm a teeny bit disappointed :eek: though don't get me wrong I'm very happy on this diet and I'm going to keep going for as long as it takes, and I am very happy to have lost 2.5 st....I wouldn't have lost that on any other diet:D I suppose it's not surprising really as I can't do any exercise at all, and also if the average is a stone a month then some will lose more and some will lose less.....I just hope I don't end up lagging too far behind:p

Hi, I also don't lose a stone a month, in fact at the moment I am only losing a pound a week. Started Xante last June, was 100% until October when I went on hols for 5 weeks, back Nov so did WS until after Xmas, didn't put any weight on but didn't lose much either. Started back TS January and have only lost 16lbs since then. However I am still losing a little, have 19lbs still to lose so I will just carry on no matter how long it takes. I did AAMW last couple of weeks to see if it would boost my losses but didn't make any difference so won't be doing it again.
I am going back to Australia in August for 3 months so I am hoping to lose the last 19lbs before then.
Don't get disheartened, just carry on no matter what the losses, as long as your losing your going in the right direction..CS

I lose slowly full stop, especially on "normal" diets such as slimming world etc. Half a pound a week, which doesn't give you much incentive to carry on. Not sure if I've messed up my own metabolism by yo yo dieting, or if I've just got a slow one.

I am also not properly sticking to exante, am kind of doing a hybrid version so still low carb/low cal, but not necessarily from having the exante packs, so that could be another reason.

I am also not properly sticking to exante, am kind of doing a hybrid version so still low carb/low cal, but not necessarily from having the exante packs, so that could be another reason.

If you are not sticking properly to Exante you are doing extremely well. Your losses are fab for not being 100%. I am, and my losses are no where near as good as yours. Well done x

Back