Anyone else re-inventing themselves?

missRV

Well, as part of my new year's resolution I've decided to re invent my image.

Wondering if anyone else is doing the same and what you're doing? ;) hopefully with the weight loss I'll need a new wardrobe and a new dress style, going from baggy tops and leggings to stylish clothes. I'm also going to invest in some new make up

Any other ideas on a 'new image'

Hi MissRV!

Good for you - always nice to have something to look forward to!

I know what my ideal look is, but I have never been able to do it, due to my weight - but I'm well on the way to shedding it now, so I think I might take inspiration from you & re-invent myself in the process! :D

Hey :)

Go for it hun, its amazing how good you'll feel... Ive just changed my foundation and feeling better already lol being overweight has stopped me from doing a lot of things and it's time to put an end to it :)

i have, as weight slowly going ive gone from baggy jogging style pants to leggings an nice long tops, dresses, wearing accessories. was growing side fringe but think full fringe suits me alot better so think il get cut back on...

me too! Im only 21 so need to be a bit better at maintaining myself! Im trying to make sure I shave legs every time im in shower (iv got 2 boys under 2 so am too busy to have a long soak) make sure sure I do my make up before going out and spray some perfume. Wear nice ish clothes. Il get a whole new wardrobe from new look (my fav shop but havent brough from there for ages as I feel too big) and bin my old rubbish!
Im working towards a size 10 but who knows? I can get them up to my bum but not over yet, so need to work on that! Im also going to get a new skincare regime and more make up and brushes to make more of myself. Im also dying my hair a dark cherry red/brown now and setting myself a 12 week time to get my hair done. So every 12 weeks I will get my hair cut.

Sounds like fantastic ideas. I can't wait to get size 12/14 clothes. At the moment I'm wearing the 16's that I would squeeze into before I lost the weight (trying to convince myself that if the leggings pulled up at size 16 that I must still be a 16) lol. I don't want to buy new clothes until I've got to target though. Maybe this summer I'll be able to wear a bikini without hiding under a tshirt? :D

My skin care regime has changed already, started cleansing, toning and moisturising and applying make up. My hair is in desperate need of a good condtion and trim but one step at a time eh :)

I'm doing exactly the same - always loved vintage/retro looks but never quite had the confidence to pull it off. But 2013 is the year I go properly rockabilly I think. I'm going to get my hair dyed a proper red with some blonde through it, and I wear a lot of dresses anyway. When I lose some more weight I'll feel better about the 50s dresses that nip in at the waist :)

I've always wanted to do burlesque and get up on stage - I want to lose enough in 2013 to finally achieve that. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Everyone's ideas all sound great! I love the idea of having an image revamp to go side by side with the weightloss x

Back