Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Anyone else slimming for a 2011 holiday?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Maximus, 4 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I'm really fortunate to be going to Florida in both May (14 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter on Disney property) and September (14 nights at a private villa)

I wanted to lose a bit of weight to make sure I would not only fit on all the rides;) but be up for the many miles of walking in the parks every day.

After fully immersing myself into SW, I can see me not only losing weight, but reaching target.

2010 has been an awful year for me personally (3 very close friends died - 2 of them tragically young - and a fourth diagnosed with cancer) break up of long-term relationship etc. Got to thinking how life can be too short and just booked both holidays and forgot about saving for a rainy day as my mood was pretty cloudy at that time!

Last time i was there I really suffered in the heat and humidity. Hopefully I'll embrace them this time.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi maximus i hope to go to malta next year my daughter lives out there went last year but felt very selfconscious on the beach hopefully it will be a different story next year if i can keep to plan :eek: have to say :happy096: :superwoman: u've had some brilliant losses wish mine were as good well done :)

4. little_miss_somersault

little_miss_somersault Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    im hoping to go away in june so want to look nice and slim for that and im also doing a charity walk up mt kilimanjaro in nov/dec so want to be nice and fit for that too...fingers crossed i can do it..x

5. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!

Thanks Val - I see a lot of your posts on the forum and you are doing well - bear in mind I have more to lose so I think that makes mine a little easier/quicker. You are about 4 or 5 weeks ahead of me - I'll use you as a yardstick lol.

Steve

I am so jealous! - I love the great mountains - especially Everest I will visit the area one day - even if it is only base camp or Nepal etc. I'm obsessed with reading about it lol

Neares I got to "Kili" was the Safari ride at Disney :p

In fairness, I actually felt quite thin alongside some of the larger American types, but I know what you mean.

Never considered myself vain, but I might be getting that way ;)

Steve

6. foxychic

foxychic Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    We havent got a holiday booked yet although we will most likely be going away somewhere so Ive got something to aim for. We generally go away september time so Im planning on losing 3 stone by then (you heard it here first lol!!) x

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

Yes!!! me!!!! my honeymoon in October (oh and my wedding before that!!!)

Argh - i so need to focus!!!

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.