Anyone else work nights?

Babana

I work two night shifts a week (9pm-7am). I'm trying to think of something I can eat before I start. My last shift was Friday night. I had some porridge before I went but found that I was absolutley starving by my first tea break at midnight. I was hoping not to have anything at tea break but in the end had to have a little something from the vending machines. I took in an egg salad for my lunch hour (3am).

My main problem is tea break. I'm working again tonight. I've had pasta and chicken in tomato sauce and a yoghurt for pudding but I'm not convinced that I wont be starving by midnight.

Would I be better off eating more protein before work...would that keep the hunger pangs at bay?

I work permanent nights (1am-6am) and I struggle with dinner. It's always snack things as I only get 10minute breaks to eat.

Other than that I treat my day like anyone else; up around 3pm have breakfast. Around 8:30/9 have lunch which is always my main meal of the day. I have a piece of chocolate around 11pm then eat on two out of my 4breaks in work which is things like carrot sticks & hummus, Jordan's/eat natural bar which I class as dinner.

Could u not just factor in a snack on your tea break of that's when your hungry? That'd be the better option I imagine.

Back