anyone following JUDDD atkins-style?

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
im on the verge of coming off a vlcd onto juddd to lose another 10lbs or so and then maintain. im very nervous about the initial switch and have been thinking about whether its an idea to start juddd by following atkins on my up days as im in ketosis from my vlcd which is keeping the hunger at bay and, more importantly, burning the fat!

as atkins is based on the same principle of ketosis, i'm wondering if it would be a good idea to follow it on up days to maintain this state. has anyone else followed juddd using atkins or low carb? if so what sort of results did you get/are you getting? thanks! x

I wonder if you'd eat enough in keto... you have to ensure you eat as close to the top end as possible to get the effect of the alternating days, and ensuring you get mental satisfaction knowing you can essentially eat what you want.

Its possible but I think its more difficult to get right. And the resulting diet would be more atkins with alternating fasts rather than juddding.

I personally couldn't bear the thought of having to eat 2200 calories of atkins only food (meat cheese eggs and veggies) but that could just be me =P

i think the calorie side of things would be quite easy to fulfil because atkins is about fat as well as protein so the calorie intake is usually high on that diet. i'm thinking of doing it for the first week or two just to make the initial transition and ease myself out of ketosis through eating protein based food at first, but at the same time, the purpose of JUDDD like you say is to not feel like you're on a diet so im in two minds about what route to take!

There is a big American forum called low carb friends, their Juddd section contains most judderers following a low carb approach, in fact most following Juddd in America tend to do it alongside low carbing although this is not part of the plan. Personally I think one diet at a time is enough to contend with and I like Juddd becasue no food groups are banned but thats just me, Google low carb friends and you will get more info. As for the fat burning thing on a vlcd you will also be losing water and some muscle due to the low calorie side of it, on an alternate day plan you will lose fat due to your body not needing to store it, you will not lose muscle see here
http://www.minimins.com/johnson-upd...84176-fat-loss-opposed-water-muscle-loss.html

Its very interesting how Juddd affects your body, my weight loss won't set any records but my size is constantly shrinking, I am currently sitting in a pair of small size 14 jeans that I couldn't even get on 4 weeks ago, my NSV far outweigh what the scales say I may not be losing much but I am losing fat in all the right places and honestly couldn't be happier. I know its a leap of faith but read as much as you can about alternate day dieting it really is fascinating and for me it works x

yes i think you're right, i wonder how long it would take me to crack following a no carb routine as well as still having down days! i think im going to try and include protein in at least every meal i have though, for example having tuna mayo sandwiches for lunch and a chicken based dish with veg for dinner and using wholewheat bread and pastas for the grains so that i still get a good balance. am sticking to cambridge for another week to use my weeks supply up then will start juddding next wkend in time for my friends birthday (big meal out and drinks!). cant wait to start eating and feeling human again!! x

I'm thinkin of trying this when I refeed

Essentially playin with
High carbs down days
Low carbs up days

I think would be easy to get a lot of cals.. butter, clotted cream Mmmmm :)

LOL :) i lost three stone on atkins, I used to eat cream by itself!! LOL

Back