Anyone get pregnant on CD or any VLCD type diet?

Loser2B

Hi Everyone!

I'm on a VLCD diet and also trying to conceive. I will stop when I find out I'm pregnant, we've been trying for two months now and I started my diet a month ago. However, I have a question. "Usually" there is some weight gain when you go from VLCD to "normal" eating without refeeding/stabilizing. I was wondering if anyone got pregnant on a VLCD type diet and gained more than usual weight bcoz they started to eat normally without any time in between to stabilize? Did you gain like 10 lbs first week of normal eating or something like that? I hope you understand what I mean :( Thanks!

U only gain back the glycogen or whatever it's called from ur liver- which I believe is 5-8lbs - just when u start eating normally lay off the carbs alittle
I never gained back all the weight only if I overrate

Thanks for your reply. I have gained like 10-15 lbs in a week after going back to normal eating and I eat about 1200 cals and avoid carbs. I wanted to see if in pregnancy it's even more coz you gain from pregnancy itself. Let me post the question in pregnancy forum lol

I'm assuming u would hun as like u sed pregnancy weight, water retention that u get in pregnancy & increased blood flow in body, also excuse tmi but increased mucus etc that u would usually lose in monthly staying in lol all these things (not forgetting baby growing, placenta growing & amniotic fluid increasing - if u r eating healthily hun try not to worry as u won't be gaining fat & any pregnancy weight will go when baby is born xxx

I was wondering the same thing. I'm on Lipotrim following a miscarriage in December :( I'm determined to lose weight and get pregnant! I will stop when I found out but will watch what I eat when I am pregnant. I don't want to put it all back on lol x

Back