Anyone gone cold turkey?

curvesncurls

Weight loss has stalled due to poor eating, even though I'm training like a demon. I know it's down to my love-affair with sugar. I know that syns are there to be used, but I can't seem to stay within them when it comes to bars/cakes/biscuits. The trainer says I'm really sabotaging myself and setting myself up to be tired and moody. Off to Spain in the morning

Dont know what I hit there! Gonna enjoy my hols, but seriously thinking of going cold turkey on those treats when I get back. Anyone have any experience of this? It'll be putting an end to the longest love relationship of my life - I'm scared!!!

I've gone cold turkey - no chocolate, sweets, cakes or biscuits since I started 6 months ago (and I've got 2 easter eggs and a big box of Celebrations all untouched in the cupboard). It's been surprisingly easy to be honest. And it really pays off in terms of weight loss (3st 2lbs down so far). You can do it!

I went cold turkey on diet coke/pepsi about 5 weeks ago-it was hell for the first 10 days but I'm not bothered now!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I went cold turkey from the cakes and biscuits (hate choc so thats not a problem) in January this year and now I don't miss/crave them at all, there are 5 boxes of assorted mr kipling cakes and a whole box of foxes luxury biccies Xmas pressie, must check the date and give them away) in the utility room, I felt it had helped me as 1 was never enough

I haven't gone cold turkey from chocolate but I've had to cut right down. I started having a "syn tin" with low syn treats in it but then just binged on all of it in the space of a couple of weeks. Now if I want chocolate I have to go to the shop to get a bar and don't keep any in the house. Hubby only lets me go to the shops if I have syns left for choc for the day.

Think I will go cold turkey as well. I have a real problem with sugar. Did a sugar/ yeast free diet about 6 years ago and have never felt better until I started eating chocolate and sugar again! I was at my slimmest then and really think that not eating sugar helped. I can't just have 1 and can't have it in the house.

It is nice to hear of people of have cut out the sugary food successfully and have had great losses!

Think I'm gonna follow your lead and go cold turkey on choc, crisps, biscuits, and cakes as I have no control- I'm not the one square of choc kinda girl a whole bar- assume I've blown it so then anything else in sight- I have heard that it takes 3 days for the cravings to stop- not sure I'm a believer??
Good luck cold turkiers

Jenna99 said:
Think I'm gonna follow your lead and go cold turkey on choc, crisps, biscuits, and cakes as I have no control- I'm not the one square of choc kinda girl a whole bar- assume I've blown it so then anything else in sight- I have heard that it takes 3 days for the cravings to stop- not sure I'm a believer??
Good luck cold turkiers

Me and OH had about a month as takeaway/chocolate/cake/wine junkies .... And I mean, dinner everynight would be 2 bottles of wine, nachos, pizza/takeaway,followed by big Treacle sponge and custard! Then one day 2 weeks ago something clicked and I tried the "3 day breaks the crave/habit" and it worked! Lol I was surprised as I was sooo sceptical! Lost 3.5lbs that week!

xxx

Nikki<3 said:
Me and OH had about a month as takeaway/chocolate/cake/wine junkies .... And I mean, dinner everynight would be 2 bottles of wine, nachos, pizza/takeaway,followed by big Treacle sponge and custard! Then one day 2 weeks ago something clicked and I tried the "3 day breaks the crave/habit" and it worked! Lol I was surprised as I was sooo sceptical! Lost 3.5lbs that week!

xxx

Well I'm definately going to give it a whirl now got nothing to lose well hopefully I have lol xx

I went cold turkey on diet coke/pepsi about 5 weeks ago-it was hell for the first 10 days but I'm not bothered now!!

Oh god, isn't it just? The withdrawal headaches were horrendous! I'm 3 weeks without touching anything fizzy now though, and actually starting to feel good about it.

I've gone cold turkey - no chocolate, sweets, cakes or biscuits since I started 6 months ago (and I've got 2 easter eggs and a big box of Celebrations all untouched in the cupboard). It's been surprisingly easy to be honest. And it really pays off in terms of weight loss (3st 2lbs down so far). You can do it!

Hey Zoe, just checking in on you, you are doing so brilliantly!!! So you think cold turkey has really helped then?! Do you crave them at all, even at certain times of the month? I can see why taking the plunge and giving up things totally could help because these things are so addictive and actually our bodies don't really need them! You really seem to have it sussed!! Not long to target for you!!XXX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think I seriously need to do this!! Diet fizzy drinks are my downfall! I drink FAR too many of them! I think it's because I don't drink (well hardly ever), smoke, or eat much rubbish, I try and justify it as being 'my only vice'!! But the fact is it's bad for me! Do you find you sleep better and are less irritable since giving up? What do you tend to drink now? Mainly water?X

Hi Heather! Yeah, I think cold turkey on the rubbish has really helped and I don't crave it now at all. Tbh I'd rather spend the syns on 'proper' food. I also gave up all caffeinated drinks 6 months ago and am drinking chamomile tea by the gallon instead.

Only 6lbs to go for you - wahay that's fab!!! We'll make target in no time and then Swansea had better look out!

OMG - am so pleased that its not just me with a problem with biccies/crisps. I really want to just cut out all sugar (and sweeteners as they are another weight loss killer I think when it comes to cravings). So I'll join you all in going cold turkey - less than 4 weeks till my hols.

I've also decided (just yesterday) to cut out tea and coffee. But not substituting with decaf as thats also a no-no in terms of health and have happily discovered that I love peppermint tea and also had a ginger and lemon while out yesterday and loved that too - so stocked up at Tesco on the way home. I still cant do green tea no matter what extra flavours are with it

Quick question - how long do you reckon it takes for the cravings for sugar to go?

For me, cold turkey is the only way! I have no willpower so it's all or nothing

Day 1 today my cold turkey consists of..
Crisps
Biscuits
Chocolate
Sweets
And anything chocolate or sugar coated!!

Hoping my Thursday the 3 day no craving will kick in!!
Feeling positive!!!

Back