Anyone had a partner tell them they have lost too much

trw1972

Hey all just wondering if anyone has had a partner tell them they are now too thin?

I was 14 stone when i decided to lose weight, with a big tum (typical for where a man gains i suppose)
.. when i got to about 12st 2 (170lbs) i stopped focussing on diet and concentrated on weight training.

Now im 12 stone dead and stable and fairly lean, i have stopped running altogether, but still eat fairly healthy (though i eat a lot).

However my partner is not happy at all with how i look nowadays and wants me back nearer 14 stone!! and has told me she doesnt like me with less 'meat on me'

Anyone had this happen?.

My partner (female) is 5ft 10 and 15st 7 (217lbs).. so has her own weight issues, and i dont know if this is something to do with it??. She cant exercise right now due to illness but has always been between 210-217lbs

Thanks

ive had this, my partner didnt realise i had lost alot weight, well for my height, he knew id lost abit but when i weighed myself infront of him, he realised i was over a stone lighter than him, i had been 2 and half stones heavy than him for ages, now hes taller but his belly is starting to get abit bigger.

at first he was very happy for me but after a while he started to say i was now too slim, i think it was a case of the green eyed monster.
ive also had quite a few people who i work with say ive lost too much, but its funny, all the people who have said that, have weight loss issues of there own.

tbh try not to lose anymore, just try and eat healthy and enjoy how you look,

it must be hard if due to illness she cant excersize and i guess thats why shes frustrated, the only thing you can do is try and be very supportive and both try and do something low impact but fun together, light swimming?

It seems to be very common for partners/friends/family who are overweight to want to sabotage the efforts of people who are losing weight - human nature, I suppose! It's not really because they think the dieter is now too slim, it's just resentment coming out that they don't currently have the willpower to do it themselves.

Could I just say that the inability to exercise is no excuse whatsoever for not losing weight. I have multiple health problems and can't exercise at all, but I've lost 5 stone in the last 9 months through diet changes, so if your partner does want to tackle her problem, she's perfectly able to do so - please don't let her de-rail your excellent efforts just because her choice is to remain obese, because that's what it is - a choice. x

When I was married, my husband told me I had lost too much weight. I don't think he liked the fact that men started noticing me and I was much more confident.
When I was getting divorced, (that diet is not recommended but sometimes inevitable!), my sister tried to cajole me into eating more because I looked 'haggard'. I can't win, can I?! :confused:

Maybe your partner is feeling low in self-confidence at the mo, and needs a hug and some reassurance. x

Thanks for the feedback all, i guess your right and it may be due to her lack of self image rather than her really hating my weight at 12st..
i could gain weight but i am happy with myself where i am right now.

As for her weight, well she does struggle, a thyroid problem and recent surgery etc.. and i make a point of being supportive when she tries to lose weight, but assuring her she is still gorgeous etc.

hi :) im really rather large and met my partner on a bbw dating site thingy. so he loves big women, so when i decided to start losing weight i asked him did he mind and he said he's happy i'll be healthier but worried i'll be too slim, he wants me to be heavier than him, as he loves curves and bellies. i doubt very much i'll be less weight than him though as he only weighs 10 stone. i dont think he'll fall out of love with me, because he loves me for me, but my curves are a bonus for him!

Back