Anyone has good success with online memberships?

Slinkyson

Gold Member
Hi all
I recently re-joined SW and did really well for my first 3weeks since then I've been travelling up and down the county and haven't been able to attend any classes even in the cities I've been in due to work commitments and finishing times etc!

I really found that attending a class helped me do much but now I haven't been for nearly 3weeks I will have to re-join! So with me travelling as much as I do I'm weigh-ing up my options I really don't know what to do for the best!

If anyone else has had a great success either doing the plan themselves on their own or online could you please let us know how you got on and any little tips you may have to help keep motivation up?

Thank you in advance xxx

I'm in a similar position where I travel quite a bit so I wouldn't be able to join a class as I just don't have set days that I am around. It's early days for me yet (tomorrow will just be my fifth weigh in and I've lost 7.5lbs the first 4 weeks which is quite small compared to lots of the amazing losses on here) but I was completely new to SW and I have to say I'm getting on fine so far without going to class. I found it very helpful to start up a food diary on here to keep me focused. I also use little visuals around the house to keep me on track. I have a sheet with a little table with all the weight I have to lose posted in my fridge and color in the boxes as I lose weight-just so other people know that I'm trying to lose weight so I don't want to look silly having to put down on it that I gained. I also have one in my room with the 100 days to Christmas and I color the day in green if I was 100% or red if I wasn't. I find little things like that keep me on track. That works for me, although it might sound silly to other people. I'm sure if you decide to do it yourself, you'll find little things that work for you to keep you on track. Hope whatever decision you make works out for you! :)

Edit: ON my fridge, not in it!!

Last edited:
I also have to say that while I had to join online to get all the info as I was a newbie, I don't really feel like I benefit from the online membership much now that I have all the info. Once my 3 months run out, I prob won't be renewing it as I have found minimins much more useful to me than the website. Just my opinion, others might find it a big help.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm I'm agreement there with regards to the online membership! I find the tips on here are more useful! Plus the £50 is such a lot I already have all the books I just need to plan and prepare more! Every hotel I've been in refuse to microwave food due to health and safety regulations (so I'm told) however mug shots and options work a treat! Next week I'm at home most of the week which is loads easier :) but in a few weeks my job will literally be all over the uk and Scotland so that's when I need to plan! I never use the food diary bit on here but perhaps I should I tend to hand write down what I eat as I'm going along then refer back to it if I've had a good loss that week? :) I need some visual aids to, to keep me motivated! It's stupid really I do get so mad at myself I want to be slimmer but yet I struggle to follow the plan! I'm constantly battling with myself over eating naughty things it's tough but I'm the grand scheme of things it really isn't that hard its just me making it harder for myself I think! :)

Yeah I'm I'm agreement there with regards to the online membership! I find the tips on here are more useful! Plus the £50 is such a lot I already have all the books I just need to plan and prepare more! Every hotel I've been in refuse to microwave food due to health and safety regulations (so I'm told) however mug shots and options work a treat! Next week I'm at home most of the week which is loads easier :) but in a few weeks my job will literally be all over the uk and Scotland so that's when I need to plan! I never use the food diary bit on here but perhaps I should I tend to hand write down what I eat as I'm going along then refer back to it if I've had a good loss that week? :) I need some visual aids to, to keep me motivated! It's stupid really I do get so mad at myself I want to be slimmer but yet I struggle to follow the plan! I'm constantly battling with myself over eating naughty things it's tough but I'm the grand scheme of things it really isn't that hard its just me making it harder for myself I think! :)

I do the same with the food diary. I have my own food diary at home that I keep on my iPad so that I can follow my intake & keep track of my syns. I do find the food diary on here helpful though as you get feedback from other people who check in on it - I guess it's a little bit like group support without the group!

I never even thought about that with the heating up of food. I haven't actually asked anyone before but I'm away this weekend and had intended to give that a try. I guess that's probably not going to be an option so!

I think all we can do is plan ahead with our food, strategies for avoiding boredom/other things likely to lead to eating the wrong things & do our best, and then if we have to go over syns or end up giving in, to just try & balance it out by being really good on the days spent at home. No point beating yourself up over it if you do have a rough week as I think anyone would find it difficult when travelling like that - just do the best that you can! Good luck! :)

Back