Anyone have a Cauliflower Cheese recipe?

This is my recipe that serves three, and has a total syn value of 7.5 plus 3 x HExA

150ml veg stock
150ml skimmed milk
12g Flora light
25g Cornflour
1/2 teasp mustard powder
Salt & Black Pepper
84g Cheddar Cheese

Put all the ingredients, with the exception of the cheese, into a microwaveable jug, and cook on high in sessions of 1 minute until the sauce is cooked, add two thirds of the cheese, and stir until melted.

Top the cooked cauliflower with the cheese sauce and remaining cheese, and pop under a hot grill until bubbling.

Absolutely delicious for 2.5 syns and a HExA;)

I use Colemans four cheese mix, it's 9.5 syn but I always divide the meal into 4 so 2.5syn each!
I also add 56g low fat cheddar as a topping and use that from the Hea allowance,it gives a nice tang to the other flavours, so far I have made a macaroni cheese this way but would work the same with cauliflower.l

In the early days of sw you could use a tin of macaroni cheese n blend it processor, and that was used for the cheese sauce! But it's a Wynn value now, but not sure of the synns

jane Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

In the early days of sw you could use a tin of macaroni cheese n blend it processor, and that was used for the cheese sauce! But it's a Wynn value now, but not sure of the synns

I remember those days - ooh and not forgetting corned beef!

I use colemans sauce mix also - again divide into 4 so not too bad.

I make mine like this

Syn free on green day (plus 2hxa + 1hxb)

Whisk down a tub of quark with milk(250ml) from ur hxa so it becomes runny, add ur grated cheese from hxa..add pinch of mustard add salt to taste. Put all this in a pan on a low heat till all the ingredients are smooth. That’s ur cheese sauce ready

Pour this sauce over the cauliflower in a baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese from hxb and some black pepper

Bake in oven – approx 30min

fat&40 said:
I remember those days - ooh and not forgetting corned beef!

I use colemans sauce mix also - again divide into 4 so not too bad.

O yeah corned beef , used to do the quich a lot with that, and corned beef pie

I've tried several SW recipes from the forums and every one of them is pants!!! (IMO) I'm with the others here that say use an sauce mix and syn it.

tabu said:
I make mine like this

Syn free on green day (plus 2hxa + 1hxb)

Whisk down a tub of quark with milk(250ml) from ur hxa so it becomes runny, add ur grated cheese from hxa..add pinch of mustard add salt to taste. Put all this in a pan on a low heat till all the ingredients are smooth. That’s ur cheese sauce ready

Pour this sauce over the cauliflower in a baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese from hxb and some black pepper

Bake in oven – approx 30min

This is really similar to mine. It does the job, but not fab.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I've tried several SW recipes from the forums and every one of them is pants!!! (IMO) I'm with the others here that say use an sauce mix and syn it.

I've got to agree with you there!

There is only the minority that are worth giving a second go of!

That's why I always make my cheese sauce from scratch and syn it;)

Back